• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They've done pretty decent damage but Brands has put a big plaster on it.

Still early days to say that yet mate. Gomes and Zouma don't belong to us. Bernard has looked okay, we still don't know what Mina is going to bring, Richarlison is deffo a Silva signing, but after a really good start has gone off the boil, we've also got a load of dross out on loan to come back. For me the biggest highlight has been Digne.

Last edited:

Still early days to say that yet mate. Gomes and Zouma don't belong to us. Bernard has looked okay, we still don't know what Mina is going to bring, Richarlison is deffo a Silva signing, but after a really good start has gone off the boil. The only really one who has stood out is Digne.
I was implying getting rid of the garbage that Koeman/Walsh got than the signings tbh, I like who we've signed so far.

Brownshoes started the decline, Koeman and Walsh continued it, is Silva about to push us over the edge ?? Tune in in May for the next exciting instalment....

Decent Europa runs, decent FA cup runs, purchases / loans made (lescott, Cahill, explain, Arteta, jags, Baines, Coleman, yak, distin etc) played for years, made us profit. CL qualification rounds, seriously!

He did it on nothing, and improved players like carsley and was a bit unlucky on Gibson.

I get his dour outlook sometimes felt like lack of ambition, but he drove a club with relatively a quarter of what we're wasting now, much further. His legacy in that grit, organisation and quality (especially defence) was enough for a team led by Martinez (defensive no- mark), with the addition of Lukaku to a points tally that in other years would be CL outright.

He's available, he has the qualities to rebuild what has drained from the club since he left.

What are we prioritising otherwise? A faddish splurge on overseas players. I can't see what culture as a team and club we're building that's preferable (whilst also demonstrably inferior on the pitch).

I'm Not saying his jobbing around sociedad, Sunderland and West ham was great.

But what he did here was, and that mantle has been taken up by Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth who with a greater mix of longer serving players and a greater% of British and home grown players are better performing, more successful clubs than Everton. Commercially, too.

Food for thought.

I think we have a touch of the Newcastle and Villa about us. Too big to get in trouble? Once that culture of' acceptable' takes hold, compromise is everywhere.

I don't recognise the values I saw and heard at Goodison under Moyes. If mosh were to reassess we are VERY vulnerable.
Decent Europa runs/Fa cup runs. WTF. We were utterly abysmal in almost all the big one off cup ties we played under Moyes.
The pathetic roll over v a terrible kopite team in the semis, the humiliation at home to Wigan in the cup, a home defeat to Reading without
a shot on target when the cup had opened up for us, shrewsbury away, birmingham and oldham beating us at homeharrowing defeats i Europa league games without a shot on target (and yes I was there). Lets have it right.

Moyes cup record with us was nothing short of horrendous.
He overachived in the league most years, but not by anything like people make out. For much of his reign we had about the 7/8/9th biggest wage bill in the league and that is where we finished.

We did not have a bottom end of the league wage bill throughout Moyes' time so dont pretend he did.

Decent Europa runs/Fa cup runs. WTF. We were utterly abysmal in almost all the big one off cup ties we played under Moyes.
The pathetic roll over v a terrible kopite team in the semis, the humiliation at home to Wigan in the cup, a home defeat to Reading without
a shot on target when the cup had opened up for us, shrewsbury away, birmingham and oldham beating us at homeharrowing defeats i Europa league games without a shot on target (and yes I was there). Lets have it right.

He overachived in the league most years, but not by anything like people make out. For much of his reign we had about the 7/8/9th biggest wage bill in the league and that is where we finished.

We did not have a bottom end of the league wage bill throughout Moyes' time so dont pretend he did.

My point on the cash is that the funds were largely self-made

a) they were lower than clubs we outclassed (spurs, city etc)
b) his player trading deficit was nowhere near the other teams - that funded a lot of the wages.

That and the results surely puts him miles ahead of Koeman and Silva's hopeless. I honestly preferred Alladyce - at least he showed he could fix someone else's mess and finish 8th.

And OK I was probably romanticising on the FA cup a bit.

I'd still have him back though - we'd be decent at the back and when we get the balls to bag . Batshuayi then we'd have the makings of 7th, easy. Which is the only way we're gonna push for 4/5/6.

Moyes cup record horrendous? Nonsense - Only Joe Royle has a better record in the last 30 years.
Take your Kopite perspective well away from this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.