• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think under Brands he would have had much better signings - his signings at Southampton were very good in fairness:

Van Dijk
Mane
Wanyama

Just three players who would have been fantastic here.

Koeman is the type of personality who needs strong leadership above him - Brands wouldn't have let him take the pee like Moshiri and Walsh did. Moyes on the otherhand liked to have the reigns taken off to allow him to do his own thing however he was able to do this well because he had a strong work ethic and could spot a player - he didn't need management over his shoulder and probably struggles when it is ie. Utd.

This is why Silva has to go before we can ever improve imo - Silva is effectively the last relic of the pre Brands era - the Moshiri era of rudderless leadership and scattergun approach/appointments.

Get Silva out the door and let Brands pick the manager who he feels can take this club forward.
Van Dijk was a Celtic player, but some fans sneer at the idea of signing players from them. Don’t understand that myself. I mean Moyes surely got interested in Arteta after watching him at Rangers

Still early days to say that yet mate. Gomes and Zouma don't belong to us. Bernard has looked okay, we still don't know what Mina is going to bring, Richarlison is deffo a Silva signing, but after a really good start has gone off the boil, we've also got a load of dross out on loan to come back. For me the biggest highlight has been Digne.
Brands is a weird appointment - seems a bit of a punt, just like Silva. Proof will be in the pudding

I’m not sure mate. To be honest, I haven’t really got a handle on Big Dunc’s managerial chops. He’s been assisting Bobby, Rhino, Fatty and now Marco, so he’s obviously got something to contribute...but I would be hesitant to install him in the top job without knowing more about his qualities.

One of the broadsheets talked of Marco’s disappearing confidence/mojo. I think they were understating his emotionally straitened circumstances.
The man has been strip-mined of any joie de vivre around football. Everton has hollowed him out. Get rid of this husk of a man...
Everton needs a new manager to ruin...
He has always been like that though. Seems like some think he is a jolly fella like Bobby brown shoes, but he really is more of a morose whinger like Jose

There are literally no players in the Scottish League is want here right now.
Nonsense - Tierney is one of the best young players in Europe. There are probably others who could do a job in England too. Villa fans really rate Jack McGinn since he joined from Hibs this season, and fear a Premier team will nick him due to their poor attempt at promotion.

Who would have signed Andy Robertson before he went to Hull, and now he is arguably the best full back in the league.

Yes, that sounds not incorrect...the broadsheet mentioned his melancholic disposition (which for readers like Frank, who struggle with words, is polite-speak for “he’s a miserable sod”)
Yeah - he is no leader of men. I mean, Moyes seemed dour at times, but at the same time he always had good relations with the players and was someone who would banter with his players. Kind of that traditional Scottish manager in the way Ferguson was. It was more of a siege mentality approach, whereas there is no team spirit at the moment.

Bobby had a different man management approach that was very upbeat, but that did not seem to work in the longer term.

Koeman I guess has a gravitas due to his achievements as a player, but he seems blunt to a fault.

Nonsense - Tierney is one of the best young players in Europe. There are probably others who could do a job in England too. Villa fans really rate Jack McGinn since he joined from Hibs this season, and fear a Premier team will nick him due to their poor attempt at promotion.

Who would have signed Andy Robertson before he went to Hull, and now he is arguably the best full back in the league.
A proper manager

Depends. Purely on that one metric yes, but Moyes transformed and modernized the club. The fact he did it while on a ridiculously low budget is impressive. Moyes had CL spot, beat off the like of O’Neill at Villa, found cheap gems like Arteta, made us best of the rest, etc. I imagine big Joe would say Moyes did a better job on the whole.
You have a strong imagination then.

You have a strong imagination then.
Maybe, but Big Joe rated him and his work:

“David has done a terrific job. He joined when the club was in turmoil and since then it’s been largely steady progress on a limited budget. His best buys have been the ones he’s brought in cheaply; the likes of Cahill and Jagielka have been fantastic.

“To say he’s spent ten years at a leading Premier League club tells you everything about the job he’s done.”

Maybe his opinion is different now, but I doubt it.

I wouldn’t want a single player in the Scottish leagues right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.