• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because we never replaced Rom. Not Silva's fault imo.
That's correct but not the whole story.

It's virtually impossible to buy a 25 goal a season striker. There aren't many and they certainly won't come to Everton.

We got lucky cos he matured with us and found his top form. We gave him that platform to develop.

It amazes me that he's now wasted at Utd like so many top top players who sit on the bench of the top four.

When he left the plan was to buy top players around him plus a striker. We were going to spread the goals around.

Obviously this was disastrous as the players we bought weren't good enough.

The point is we didn't have to replace Lukaku as long as the new players around him could fill the gap.

I see opinion on Marco is softening slightly - so long as Everton don’t actually kick any footballs lol

A historical chart of the vote percentages would be interesting - dunno if that’s possible, mods?

He's like McCarthy the less he plays the better he becomes in fans minds.

Sadly it'll take a drumming in the derby for the vocal minority pleading time/transition to realise this blokes a wet blanket.

Stop it now.

Walker
Silva
Smith
Alladyce
Martinez
Koeman
Royle
Moyes

From worst to best since the 90's. When Silva is inevitably peddled either this season or next I'll not have one redeeming memory of him.

Atleast under the others you could point to atleast one good memory or game. Even fat sam had the vermin spewing at the pit when we got that undeserved 1-1 draw.

Walker
Silva
Smith
Alladyce
Martinez
Koeman
Royle
Moyes

From worst to best since the 90's. When Silva is inevitably peddled either this season or next I'll not have one redeeming memory of him.

Atleast under the others you could point to atleast one good memory or game. Even fat sam had the vermin spewing at the pit when we got that undeserved 1-1 draw.

Koeman should be top of that list for the devastation and lasting damage he did to the club. For which we are still paying the price and will continue to do so for seasons to come.

Koeman should be top of that list for the devastation and lasting damage he did to the club. For which we are still paying the price and will continue to do so for seasons to come.

Would say it was more Walsh than Koeman tbh. Koeman still got us 7th with about 14 points gap ahead of 8th. He had that 4-0 drumming of Man City and 6-3 belter against Bournemouth.

Silva has been underwhelming in every sense.

Almost certain that nobody thinks hes a decent manager at this point.

But neither is Moyes.

Decent Europa runs, decent FA cup runs, purchases / loans made (lescott, Cahill, explain, Arteta, jags, Baines, Coleman, yak, distin etc) played for years, made us profit. CL qualification rounds, seriously!

He did it on nothing, and improved players like carsley and was a bit unlucky on Gibson.

I get his dour outlook sometimes felt like lack of ambition, but he drove a club with relatively a quarter of what we're wasting now, much further. His legacy in that grit, organisation and quality (especially defence) was enough for a team led by Martinez (defensive no- mark), with the addition of Lukaku to a points tally that in other years would be CL outright.

He's available, he has the qualities to rebuild what has drained from the club since he left.

What are we prioritising otherwise? A faddish splurge on overseas players. I can't see what culture as a team and club we're building that's preferable (whilst also demonstrably inferior on the pitch).

I'm Not saying his jobbing around sociedad, Sunderland and West ham was great.

But what he did here was, and that mantle has been taken up by Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth who with a greater mix of longer serving players and a greater% of British and home grown players are better performing, more successful clubs than Everton. Commercially, too.

Food for thought.

I think we have a touch of the Newcastle and Villa about us. Too big to get in trouble? Once that culture of' acceptable' takes hold, compromise is everywhere.

I don't recognise the values I saw and heard at Goodison under Moyes. If mosh were to reassess we are VERY vulnerable.

Would say it was more Walsh than Koeman tbh. Koeman still got us 7th with about 14 points gap ahead of 8th. He had that 4-0 drumming of Man City and 6-3 belter against Bournemouth.

Koeman came here for the money.

Wasted a kings ransom, whilst informing Lukaku from day one he was wasting his career here and alienating Ross.

Whether those were the correct assumptions, if you are employed on big wages with the understanding of making this club competitive, you do not take a half hearted approach, with golf trips every 5 mins, and unsettle the clubs stars.

He was a stain on the club.

Koeman came here for the money.

Wasted a kings ransom, whilst informing Lukaku from day one he was wasting his career here and alienating Ross.

Whether those were the correct assumptions, if you are employed on big wages with the understanding of making this club competitive, you do not take a half hearted approach, with golf trips every 5 mins, and unsettle the clubs stars.

He was a stain on the club.

He was however he was still better than Silva. I'll not have one fond memory of this season if he left tomorrow whereas I sure as hell had more enjoyment watching us in Koemans first season (same as Martinez)

Koeman instructed Walsh to find the type of players that he wanted to play the system he wanted and Walsh obliged ( exceptionally badly )

The club and Silva are still firefighting the mess that Koeman and Walsh left behind.

Whoever came in wouldve had the same problems. Im not saying Silva shouldnt be doing better, as he should. But the fact that we have mulit millionaires on the wage book, who are complete and utter turds, who we cant shift and who are wrecking our FFP position isn`t his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.