• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be more of the same tomorrow night by the looks of it as he is happy with his defensive set ups other than not enough aggression. It is going to take more than aggression to sort that defensive mess out. It needs Manager intervention and a willingness to adapt and change. We are there for the taking by any team and teams dont even need much of a plan, just try and win free kicks near our box and lob a few balls in when you can and the goals will come. His unwillingness to adapt and change is going to be what costs him his job at the end of this season sadly.

Im not in favor of just firing managers after such short time, but basically at the end of the season he needs to be asked, "Will you change your marking on free kicks from zonal?", and if he answers no, you can him.

Its insane the sheer number of goals we give up on free kicks, you make that one simple change and games like Millwall you win(3 set piece goals), and you have easily another 10 points on the table, DESPITE how bad we have been.

This would seem to indicate that they are pushing out too far, maybe they’re giving Pickford the room to come and claim? But he hardly ever does.

Opposition teams gamble for the second ball. We need someone to go into the six yard box and gamble too that’s it is going to be won by the opposition. It would be ideal if everyone went with the runners. The amount of goals scored in the middle of the six yard box is ridiculous.

If Silva is fired this season then the players will do exactly the same next season. They know full wel that if they don’t perform the manager gets fired, a new one comes in and they either get a move out of it or a fresh start and a contract. It was heartening to hear Silva starting to call Mina our a bit. We need to start holding these players to account more. Either perform or you will see the bench and be managed out of the club downwards. That should be the message now.

That's no fun mate. Some of this lot want their once per season beheading and wont be happy until the axe falls.

Dave...you were rightly at the forefront of those calling for not one but two beheadings last season.

And like the rest of us you were delighted to see the back of the two fat buggers.

You cannot fault fellows for rounding on a manager they think is doing a terrible job.

Which Silva clearly is at the moment.

If Silva is fired this season then the players will do exactly the same next season. They know full wel that if they don’t perform the manager gets fired, a new one comes in and they either get a move out of it or a fresh start and a contract. It was heartening to hear Silva starting to call Mina our a bit. We need to start holding these players to account more. Either perform or you will see the bench and be managed out of the club downwards. That should be the message now.

Did he? If he did its the beginning of the end for him, Jose tried that at United, never works

Did he? If he did its the beginning of the end for him, Jose tried that at United, never works

I don’t know the way out this circle though mate. Martinez had it with Baines and a few others. They downed tools and Moshiri ultimately sided with the players once Martinez started calling them on it. They didn’t perform for Koeman either and the same happened. Now the performance levels have fallen off a cliff under Silva. Perhaps Moshiri needs to change approach and throw some players out before the manager.

Dave...you were rightly at the forefront of those calling for not one but two beheadings last season.

And like the rest of us you were delighted to see the back of the two fat buggers.

You cannot fault fellows for rounding on a manager they think is doing a terrible job.

Its because he is awful he is sticking up for him, did the same with Martinez, dont forget before he came Dave said he wanted him, that way if we got another manager he could say "we should of gone for Marco", or if Silva turns out to be crap, which he is, he can stick up for him

I was in the vangiard of those calling for Koeman's head in the first part of the second season he had here. No sooner than that. I gave him my support for all the first season in terms of stating we need to back him and not sack him (he had, as you remember, a terrible first half to that first season). Yes I complained about the football on offer, but never called for his head. When he willfully threw £200M down the drain in the second summer here I was outraged by that and I wanted him gone when the results and performances proved disgracefully bad.

On Allardyce: I was very very late to the party on calling for his head. I just took the view he was here for a short spell and largely laughed his presence here off.

Moyes before all them: I supported him from 2002 to 2009...after which time he became the board's attack dog and then he had to go...as well as for providing us with donosuar football.

So my record on managers is quite sedate on matters of sacking. EVERY Everton manager gets the first season as far as I'm concerned.

Im not in favor of just firing managers after such short time, but basically at the end of the season he needs to be asked, "Will you change your marking on free kicks from zonal?", and if he answers no, you can him.

Its insane the sheer number of goals we give up on free kicks, you make that one simple change and games like Millwall you win(3 set piece goals), and you have easily another 10 points on the table, DESPITE how bad we have been.
It’s genuinely not zonal marking that’s the issue though. Everyone defends zonally from free kicks on the halfway line, they just do it better than us. Liverpool defend zonally and it’s not doing them any harm. Our biggest problem is still going forward, if we were more of a goal threat we could change tactically to become more solid, but we end up committing everybody forwards and having to play Sigurdsson further up because nobody else looks like scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.