• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defending zonal marking after that performance. Clearly not going to change his mind on it. Every team we now face will now be looking for a free kick in our half to float one in to the box.
Have sat on the fence with Marco so far but I'm now hoping he's sacked at the end of the season.
And no I don't who to replace him with.

Defending zonal marking after that performance. Clearly not going to change his mind on it. Every team we now face will now be looking for a free kick in our half to float one in to the box.
Have sat on the fence with Marco so far but I'm now hoping he's sacked at the end of the season.
And no I don't who to replace him with.

Arteta ;o)

When you just realised we have a game tomorrow instead of the weekend and don't give two ducks.

#Marco

#Polo

I disagree with your assesment of our fans expectations.
We have been served so much rubbish for so long we have no expectancy of top 4 or even top 6 even though significant funds have been expended.
What I and , I think , fellow supporters are expecting to see is some progression and improvement.
Up until the Derby you could argue that despite mixed results there was some hope for the future.
Since then the slump has been alarming and worse still Silva appears to have no answer as to how to turn things around.
The thing is. If we beat Huddersfield and move 7th in the league then that is right where we should be finishing considering the top 6 are in a whole other league pretty much.

Which in perspective then, all the moaning about recent results has to be deemed as over reaction. You can't complain the team looks bad if we sit in the position that we are expected to be in. You see the condridiction there? 7th is the best we can hope for so losing against Southampton and Brighton is then meaningless if Silva delivers us 7th

The thing is. If we beat Huddersfield and move 7th in the league then that is right where we should be finishing considering the top 6 are in a whole other league pretty much.

Which in perspective then, all the moaning about recent results has to be deemed as over reaction. You can't complain the team looks bad if we sit in the position that we are expected to be in. You see the condridiction there? 7th is the best we can hope for so losing against Southampton and Brighton is then meaningless if Silva delivers us 7th
That's no fun mate. Some of this lot want their once per season beheading and wont be happy until the axe falls.

Never rated Martinez and was getting tired of Moyes towards the end but they'd have loved to of had the squad we have now ...but Silva needs time. Really? Chelsea have sacked managers who've won them the league and Champions League. I think the only reason I can't be bothered with having him gone now (unless we lose the next few games) is manager fatigue. Moshiri must feel the same way. Lucky, Marco.

We're not Chelsea. And don't have a spine of world class talent.

The amount of excuses being afforded to Silva indicates that expectations are much lower than what they were under Moyes and Martinez.

Martinez got the job purely down to an FA Cup, and the great first season bought him the time for the next season and a half, I don’t see any reason why Silva got the job to in the first place, so he has to at least show something this s aeon to be afforded another one.
I understand people not wanting a turnover of manager every year, but that alone is not a reason to be given more time, he has to show something.

Seemed peed off today and rightly so.

Still feel our players are just as culpable of not defending. Silva had mentioned a number of times the hours spent working on set pieces.

Hope his rage translates to anger against Huddersfield on the pitch

Silva could start by going man for man from corners. Tighten up until form returns.
But the weird thing about this is that our defenders are usually facing their own goal as they watch an opposition player side foot it into the net. It happened twice at Millwall, albeit one was off the arm. This would seem to indicate that they are pushing out too far, maybe they’re giving Pickford the room to come and claim? But he hardly ever does.

Status
Not open for further replies.