• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree slightly but Arteta isn't the answer and I feel Marco needs more time
Truthfully I feel the same at least until the end of the season to see if any player responses to his master game plans. Situational tactics have to be drilled in these players in practice instead of this ho hum attitude that has been going on since the derby.

Agree with this totally. It's clear something is very wrong behind the scenes in regards to the players. It can’t always come down to the manager, it has for the past 3 seasons, time to be more critical of the players. They need to man up ffs
A huge cloud will be lifted from this club when rubbish like Baines and Jagielka are finally shown the door.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if there is bad blood in the squad they'll be in the thick of it.

Last edited:

I get that there is more to it than that, but it mostly IS zonal marking, or at least Silvas version of it. It is most definitely not our lack of going forward, because that is completely irrelevant in set pieces, Im not sure why you would even think that...

You cannot argue with the sheer volume of goals that all come through set pieces that all look the same. The fundamental struggle of the system is that it removes individual responsibility. The fundamental strength of individual marking is that each player knows their job, and its greatly simplified. The reason you see open players with free shots is that Silvas version of zonal marking has no individual responsibility, so its always "someone elses" job, something that is not the case when marking individuals. The 2nd and 3rd goals by Millwall are great examples of this. They did not score on the first ball in, but defenders had "done their job" and covered their zones, and then let off because the ball was in the next guys zone. Which it was. Except the one guy was busy defending 3 and going for the first ball.
What are you even talking about?

Obviously our attacking play isn’t what causes us a problem defending set pieces, god knows where you’ve got that from. I’m saying that defending set pieces is not even close to being our biggest problem, it’s just been jumped on because we conceded from 3 on Saturday. More of an issue is the fact that we only managed 3 shots on target against a lower championship side, and 2 of them were from outside the box. This is in keeping with what happens every week, while conceding 3 goals from set pieces isn’t.

A huge cloud will be lifted from this club when rubbish like Baines and Jagielka are finally shown the door.

You can bet your bottom dollar that if there is bad blood in the squad they'll be in the thick of it.
Yeah agree, I would add Coleman to that list too. The one thing in common that Martinez, Koeman and now Silva has is Duncan Ferguson as a coach. He might be the bad egg, as controversial as it may seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.