Marcelo Bielsa or Sean Dyche?

Marcelo Bielsa or Sean Dyche?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leeds and Burnley both finished below us last season. Bielsa and Dyche were in charge of those teams for the majority of that season. We had Benitez for the first half of the season and Lampard for the second half. Ponder that for a second. Why do 55% of people act like Bielsa is a sure thing, and 45% think Dyche is a sure thing? Very recent history tells us that both of these relegated us. Just get it over with, Everton. Pick one, buy the crap that they want and euthanise us already.
Cheese on toast mate. Cheese. On. Toast.

Bielsa's a good manager, but the risks are clear as day. Don't think he fits this squad, or it fits him.

I don't actually think Dyche is anywhere near as close to being good as some people think he is. But would he be able to grind out some results? Maybe.

This is liking Bielsa to Vs AIDS.

One of OK for now but you don’t want that long term.

And long term I mean rabies.

Neither, but I don't have a clue who. Dyche is a safer cheaper option, as his style is simple and will more easily fit the players we have. But longer term, not going to take us up levels later on.

But they have so different styles it's like choosing a Range Rover or an Aston Martin. Both have merits and draw backs but do different things. I think we will likely go down, both have Championship experience and gotten promoted. Bielsa has a history of walking if he doesn't get what he wants. Likely to leave us, in the lurch and an expensive option.

Dyche out of the two, at the moment but not who I want. If it was preseason or when we took a break for the world cup, I'd say Bielsa.

But again I'm only choosing out of the two.

VERY surprised by the poll results so far.

I dont think some people realise the urgency of this situation...unless, of course, they believe in a plan that sees us take the drop, retain Bielsa, and do a Leeds from the Championship....which is wishful thinking IMO.
I think that's all we've got left mate.

Read somewhere that Marcelo Bielsa said he wasn't impressed with our squad (I'm assuming the size) and would not be interested in taking the job until the Summer.
I think you're right mate. Let's face it he couldn't fail to be impressed with the quality.

This question alone shows there is no long term vision for the club. If there were we'd be left with a choice between two similar managers who share common characteristics and philosophies

It's like picking a date, a wild guy who will give you the best night out but could be dangerous or a calm safe man who will give you a boring night who will count the pennies and crap conversation.

I'm picking dyche purely on the possibility of keeping us in the league. Bielsa will really struggle implementing his style of play with this squad whereas dyche will probably get them playing to his more readily. He's also been through a few relegation scraps whereas bielsa hasn't (I could be wrong on his history of this ) but his recent flirtation with relegation ended in his sacking as did dyches but he's at least been through that mill and it could be the difference in keeping us up rather than crashing and burning.

Status
Not open for further replies.