Marcelo Bielsa or Sean Dyche?

Marcelo Bielsa or Sean Dyche?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the majority of fans have accepted that we are 90% likely to go down. Dyche might make it slightly less likely but then we are going to be trapped in a ultra-defensive Brexit style of football for years. That's reason enough alone to choose Bielsa over Dyche

This implies that the only way to survive is the 1990s thought process of sitting in 2 banks of 4 and try not giving up goals. but as we saw in his career dyche teams allowed 1.46 gpg and only scored .99 goals. It's 2023 and the game has moved on. There's absolutely no guarantees that Dyche style football keeps us up just like there's not with Bielsa.

The difference is one of these managers has the POTENTIAL to entirely change the culture of the club and the squad's relationship with the fan base. The other is Sean dyche.
I'm implying nothing.
I'm trying, badly, to remind everyone that our desperate to stay up is more important than entertainment.
Football today is a results based game, not an entertainment show. Of course it would be nice to play attractive football.

Dyche, he may get the best out of Dominic Calvert-Lewin too cos strangely enough lampards tactics of tapping the ball around in the middle of the park 40 yards from the opponents goal didn't yield any goal scoring chances for him
I always found it strange that he talked great game but never implemented it.

I'm probably alone on this, but I'm not fussed who we appoint at this point. Who ever it is, he needs our full backing and we need to get it done ASAP. We have very little time left to manoeuvre in the market and very little time to prepare for arsenal. I imagine given the range in styles its been difficult for Tait and Baines to train the team in any manner in relation to how they are likely to be set up.

Can’t understand for the life of me how anyone could think this isn’t the right appointment for right here and right now. If in a year or two he doesn’t progress us beyond where we want to be then fine, change it up again and go for something else. But right now, he’s the right appointment IMO. If he impresses beyond that then keep him on because he’ll deserve it, see where it takes us.

I’ll get behind Dyche as I’m sure we all will, initially anyway. But I find it depressing that a manager who likes to play energetic attacking football has turned us down, partly because he doesn’t think our squad is quick enough or energetic enough.
How can we have spent years and hundreds of millions acquiring a squad of professional footballers who can’t bloody run for 90 minutes.
I’d have preferred to see Bielsa here playing the U23 squad instead of this useless bunch of wasters.

I’ll get behind Dyche as I’m sure we all will, initially anyway. But I find it depressing that a manager who likes to play energetic attacking football has turned us down, partly because he doesn’t think our squad is quick enough or energetic enough.
How can we have spent years and hundreds of millions acquiring a squad of professional footballers who can’t bloody run for 90 minutes.
I’d have preferred to see Bielsa here playing the U23 squad instead of this useless bunch of wasters.
That’s what happened when half a dozen manager repeatedly signed slow players and non of the DOF ends this vicious cycle.

Bielsa would have had this lot on their knees crying for mercy before his first game in charge, as opposed to us fans who have been on our knees crying for mercy for decades!
That's why I voted for him.
As to who would get us to "safety" (the temporary feeling of just about surviving another season in the prem - is that what that means?), well that is pretty much as up in the air as Kane's WC penalty. Dyche the more likely to stick with us should we go down.

Welcome Mr Dyche, and the very, very best of luck to you! At least you can't lose much more hair managing these misfits than you already have!

The fact the 2 candidates are polar opposites says everything about the lack of direction our owner and Board have

Very happy with dyche personally. Bielsa struck me as an interesting appointment but I don't believe we'd have stood any chance at not going down. Dyche consistently overachieved with Burnley, wasn't backed and then was fired stupidly by them when that policy didn't pay off (shock).

We've had enough attempts at reinventing the wheel. Let's start working hard, put a rocket up these players arses and win some games

Status
Not open for further replies.