2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.

You have to laugh.

Unfortunately, nobody else seems that interested in him. I can live with the deal as he never looked like a £40m player. If he plays well for them, they'll buy him at the price quoted. If not, he's not going to make that money, regardless of who buys him.

He won't kick another ball for Everton, though.

Other than City and Utd no clubs look like spending huge this summer. Maybe next year with a full season of full stadiums it might be different. PSG are the only club I've seen be interested in him.

If has a decent season they wont be able to take him on loan again and presumably we are getting a loan fee. Dunno if that would offset a year off his contract but should at least have more options next year?

It`ll be like every season that`s gone before, a couple of big moves ( Kane to City for instance ) and the wheels will start turning.

If he goes back to PSG they pay a loan fee right?
Anybody any idea how much that was last season or might be this season?

These things are rarely reported, but we should be looking for 1 year of our current valuation in a fee and his wages paid. I suspect it was less last year but we have leverage this year.

Why else would you bother. The game for us has to be to get as much in a loan fee and wages as possible, then we still own the asset to sell again.

Ha if that’s true re kean, brands needs turfing.

another loan, knowing our luck he’ll do a tosun and he’ll get a serious injury and be sent back.

psg throwing crazy money around but won’t buy him. BS

Can't say I blame Brands taking the money from the 3 year contract and sitting on his Jacksie doing naff all.

Why wouldn't you, if Moshiri is going to completly sideline you and interfere with footballing decisions like choosing the next manager...

At the end of the day, we've got a boy in Kean who doesn't want to play for us and only one team coming along happy to pay all his wages along with a small fee. It's straight forward to me, providing we bring some cover in this summer - which we didn't do last year and paid massively for it.

Hopefully he has a good season at PSG and we get £30m so can move on.

Brands the chocolate teapot.

The Iran joker confirmed he took charge of the recruitment process for a new manager ahead of brands so what exactly does this man do?

He's paid millions for absolutely nothing.

Okay he's far from the biggest problem the club have (Moshiri) but it's staggering how he's here in a middle management role and doing nothing to justify the money he gets.

Status
Not open for further replies.