2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats crazy is expecting a perfect squad after 3 transfer windows.

Especially when we have players like Sandro on a 100k a week playing in Spain for somebody else.

Hes signed 14 players in his 3 windows, in our last game 5 of them sat on the bench, judging this group of players under a manager this utterly clueless is very unfair, lets see what they look like with a better manager, then we can judge them fairly.
I don’t think it’s crazy to sign three good players in a window in the aforementioned positions. It’s his only job for Christ’s sake.
He has all season to plan and speak with agents. I mean if he hit two out of three it would be ok, one not so much. But zero??? Come on.....

I don’t think it’s crazy to sign three good players in a window in the aforementioned positions. It’s his only job for Christ’s sake.
He has all season to plan and speak with agents. I mean if he hit two out of three it would be ok, one not so much. But zero??? Come on.....

Well from my viewpoint he hit 4 out of 5.

In an ideal world we would buy the following players.

GK to put pressure on Pickford
RB to put pressure on Coleman
CB if Holgate isnt the answer
CM x 2, depending on Gana/Gomes
RW
ST x 2

Thats what I wanted in the Summer.

He signed Lossl
Loaned Dijibre(sp)
Missed the CB
Bought the 2 CMs
Iwobi
Kean

But according to you we only needed 3 players?

Well from my viewpoint he hit 4 out of 5.

In an ideal world we would buy the following players.

GK to put pressure on Pickford
RB to put pressure on Coleman
CB if Holgate isnt the answer
CM x 2, depending on Gana/Gomes
RW
ST x 2

Thats what I wanted in the Summer.

He signed Lossl
Loaned Dijibre(sp)
Missed the CB
Bought the 2 CMs
Iwobi
Kean

But according to you we only needed 3 players?
I meant that those three were the most important for me. Kean and sidibe for me are not what we should be buying. We need ready made players who can make immediate impacts and improve our team. Iwobi feels like just another body to compete for the winger spots rather than a big improvement. Underwhelming I think is the word.

I meant that those three were the most important for me. Kean and sidibe for me are not what we should be buying. We need ready made players who can make immediate impacts and improve our team. Iwobi feels like just another body to compete for the winger spots rather than a big improvement. Underwhelming I think is the word.

Its hard to judge Kean, Siddy or Iwobi till they get a half decent run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.