2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot about those 2 -

Iwobi 8-11th
Bernard 8-11th

My point still stands- as awful as Silva is Brands has been signing players imo that are not good enough to comfortably have us top 7.

When you see clubs like West Ham and Wolves sign players like Haller, Anderson, Jimenez etc it puts his work so far into perspective.
But isn't it how they work as a team? And currently, Silva is getting below their level out of them.

Brands certainly has plenty to answer for.

Can't remember exactly who has been brought in under his tenure, but I am sure the likes of Tosun, Walcott and Iwobi (80m and over 200 thousand a week in wages) all signed in his time, and two of them have proven to be gigantic failures, the other will be average at best - certainly not a player who would get in any top 7 team.

His failure to correct the managerial situation is baffling at best, also, which is the most important of the whole lot.

I do applaud his signings of Mina, Kean, Digne and to an extent Gomes, although the initial buzz about Gomes has worn off on me since his Villa performance and general injury record.

Can't remember exactly who has been brought in under his tenure, but I am sure the likes of Tosun, Walcott and Iwobi (80m and over 200 thousand a week in wages) all signed in his time, and two of them have proven to be gigantic failures, the other will be average at best - certainly not a player who would get in any top 7 team.

His failure to correct the managerial situation is baffling at best, also, which is the most important of the whole lot.

I do applaud his signings of Mina, Kean, Digne and to an extent Gomes, although the initial buzz about Gomes has worn off on me since his Villa performance and general injury record.

Tosun and Walcott were Allardyce/Walsh signings. Iwobi isn't a bad player and the others you have mentioned are good players.

walcott and Tosun were signed by BFS, who incidentally was championing both players on the radio last week as they added some much needed pace and got us playing higher up the pitch - not to mention us barley having a shot on target for a large number of games.

we’re a shambles at the minute and it’s definitely not all Marco silvas fault.

Maybe a few cracks appearing in the Brands veneer, however given the turnaround in playing staff it was never going to be an easy job.

walcott and Tosun were signed by BFS, who incidentally was championing both players on the radio last week as they added some much needed pace and got us playing higher up the pitch - not to mention us barley having a shot on target for a large number of games.

we’re a shambles at the minute and it’s definitely not all Marco silvas fault.

Maybe a few cracks appearing in the Brands veneer, however given the turnaround in playing staff it was never going to be an easy job.

Tosun adds "much needed pace"

lol :eek:

Tosun and Walcott were Allardyce/Walsh signings. Iwobi isn't a bad player and the others you have mentioned are good players.
Ah ok mate then I will let him off. As another posted mentioned, he had a hell of a job to come in and shift about 20 players while simultaneously getting better first xi players in and bedding them in within a year or two.

Goat mentioned nothing about this week did he? He said every signing has been a full international
You could have a team of capped players playing in the championship. Worst argument I’ve ever heard. Half of England’s team the other night aren’t even regulars with their clubs. How about we just judge players on how they play for Everton rather than whether some unsuccessful international manager a few years ago gave them a game

Ah ok mate then I will let him off. As another posted mentioned, he had a hell of a job to come in and shift about 20 players while simultaneously getting better first xi players in and bedding them in within a year or two.

Which is probably why he publicly stated that he wasn't the man to bring immediate success and that it would be a long term project.

I think Brands should hire Clive Woodward in some sort of “elite performance” or “marginal gains” role.

Been watching a few rugby documentaries since the RWC started. He really impressed me with his innovative ideas and gradual improved success.

If you want someone to change a mentality (what Everton have needed for a long time) he’d be your man.

Status
Not open for further replies.