2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brands should hire Clive Woodward in some sort of “elite performance” or “marginal gains” role.

Been watching a few rugby documentaries since the RWC started. He really impressed me with his innovative ideas and gradual improved success.

If you want someone to change a mentality (what Everton have needed for a long time) he’d be your man.

Southampton tried that. It was a disaster.

Ah ok mate then I will let him off. As another posted mentioned, he had a hell of a job to come in and shift about 20 players while simultaneously getting better first xi players in and bedding them in within a year or two.

Agree. I think he's done well personally and has given Silva a much better team to work with than what they started with. OK he didn't get a centre half, experienced striker and left footed right winger but Silva definitely has enough to work with to get results on the board.

Southampton tried that. It was a disaster.
True. But old school “football men” like ‘Arry Redknapp and George Burley were never going to respond well to Woodward. Even if he was a winner in his own field.

Since leaving Southampton in 2005 he went to the British Olympic team as performance director. I think it’s fair to say he drastically improve GB performance at the olympics. This shows he can adapt outside rugby.

If you want someone who will change things. He’d be the guy!

You could have a team of capped players playing in the championship. Worst argument I’ve ever heard. Half of England’s team the other night aren’t even regulars with their clubs. How about we just judge players on how they play for Everton rather than whether some unsuccessful international manager a few years ago gave them a game

Ok, but not many of the players Brands bought have played in the Championship, but loads have played International football in major tournaments and Champions League football.

Brands certainly has plenty to answer for.

Can't remember exactly who has been brought in under his tenure, but I am sure the likes of Tosun, Walcott and Iwobi (80m and over 200 thousand a week in wages) all signed in his time, and two of them have proven to be gigantic failures, the other will be average at best - certainly not a player who would get in any top 7 team.

His failure to correct the managerial situation is baffling at best, also, which is the most important of the whole lot.

I do applaud his signings of Mina, Kean, Digne and to an extent Gomes, although the initial buzz about Gomes has worn off on me since his Villa performance and general injury record.
Ha ha. I’ve only just read this and not the rest of the thread. So I’m sure you’ve been made aware of your gigantic failure.

And the 2 failures you’re taking about weren’t signed by brands.

Brands is changing the philosophy and at the same time trying to get rid of the deadwood. He needs more than 2 windows.

Ha ha. I’ve only just read this and not the rest of the thread. So I’m sure you’ve been made aware of your gigantic failure.

And the 2 failures you’re taking about weren’t signed by brands.

Brands is changing the philosophy and at the same time trying to get rid of the deadwood. He needs more than 2 windows.

Brands has been a failure cos he bought Tosun and Walcott.

This is the problem I face on a daily basis, people with warped and just painfully wrong views.

It must be a very tense time around Finch Farm for the last ten days, it is probably as well that so many players were away on international duty.

I assume that Brands and Silva have discussed the managerial situation, how could they not?
Silva realises that his job is hanging by a thread, it may even be that he is still only there because the preferred replacement is not in a position to change jobs at the moment.
It must be very difficult for Brands as well, he has to keep in communication with MS but as DOF he also has identify our next managar, if there is to be one, and try to see if a deal can be arranged with his representatives.

Targets are probably already identified for January but the may go out the window if a new manager comes in just as the job Marcel Brands himself may have could be very different depending on the next manager.
We believe that Marco Silva was the preferred choice of Moshiri and certainly we were trying to get him long before Brands arrived at Everton, although he could still have been asked about our choice at the time. Either way , Silva now becomes Brands manager if he persists with him and any future manager is definitely his responsibility.

I have often wondered if it were possible to tell an under pressure manager like Silva that the club were going to bring in an assistant /joint manager in the form of a vastly experienced and successful manager for a limited period to help stabilise the team... and if the manager can't accept that then they have to go.

Brands certainly has plenty to answer for.

Can't remember exactly who has been brought in under his tenure, but I am sure the likes of Tosun, Walcott and Iwobi (80m and over 200 thousand a week in wages) all signed in his time, and two of them have proven to be gigantic failures, the other will be average at best - certainly not a player who would get in any top 7 team.

His failure to correct the managerial situation is baffling at best, also, which is the most important of the whole lot.

I do applaud his signings of Mina, Kean, Digne and to an extent Gomes, although the initial buzz about Gomes has worn off on me since his Villa performance and general injury record.

Had a mare.

Ok, but not many of the players Brands bought have played in the Championship, but loads have played International football in major tournaments and Champions League football.
Maybe but that’s because he is going for flops at bigger clubs which seems to be his protocol.
For me we had/have three big glaring holes in our team. RB, CB and a CF. To not address these is borderline criminal. This RB doesn’t seem to be impressing otherwise he’d be playing. There are rumours that he stinks the gaff out in training and his last season with Monaco, according to local reports, was awful. Let’s see how he does Saturday but for me the jury is massively out. Kean is nowhere near ready so for me it’s three big misses. When that’s the key responsibility for your role, how can you fall so short??? You have all season to plan for about 6 weeks of transfer activity. Craziness.

Maybe but that’s because he is going for flops at bigger clubs which seems to be his protocol.
For me we had/have three big glaring holes in our team. RB, CB and a CF. To not address these is borderline criminal. This RB doesn’t seem to be impressing otherwise he’d be playing. There are rumours that he stinks the gaff out in training and his last season with Monaco, according to local reports, was awful. Let’s see how he does Saturday but for me the jury is massively out. Kean is nowhere near ready so for me it’s three big misses. When that’s the key responsibility for your role, how can you fall so short??? You have all season to plan for about 6 weeks of transfer activity. Craziness.

Whats crazy is expecting a perfect squad after 3 transfer windows.

Especially when we have players like Sandro on a 100k a week playing in Spain for somebody else.

Hes signed 14 players in his 3 windows, in our last game 5 of them sat on the bench, judging this group of players under a manager this utterly clueless is very unfair, lets see what they look like with a better manager, then we can judge them fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.