2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign Doucoure, Allan and James im not sure Sigurdsson, Gomes et all would really be anything more than rotation options.

I wonder if Gomes' inconsistent performances for the past 4 seasons will magically improve or whether Sigurdsson will do anything more in a career of muchness.

Doubtful.
You have to take into consideration he suffered badly from depression, he seems over that now but it certainly hampered his Barca career, then he got snapped in half by Son. Just want to see him fully fit and see what he has to offer. he has ability we have seen it, it's a matter of consistency and he now has the perfect manager to help him.

It’s not just that though is it? We’re likely to change formation away from a 2 man midfield that really doesn’t suit him. We have a stable manager who isn’t a poor run away from being sacked now. We’ll actually have a defensive midfielder so he can concentrate on his strengths.

It’s very unfair expecting someone to perform consistently after mass upheaval, playing in a system that doesn’t work for him and whilst making him play a role he’s never played let alone the career ending injury he’s coming back from
I don’t think it’s very unfair expecting someone to perform after mass upheaval. Richarlison seems to be doing OK, as does Digne. We’ve had a few different managers. I don’t see how that allows you to be dribbled past more than any other player in the premier league and rarely be able to find a blue shirt when he has the ball. You’re just making excuses. Does sigurdsson get the same treatment not playing in his preferred position?

Ah I see, so if they come and perform we can’t praise Brands as they’re Carlo’s signings. Think I’m up to speed now.

No i hope its a group effort and both are working in partnership, i dont think either answer the phone to us without Carlo though, so if you are asking me who the key figure was in selecting and swaying these deals, its Carlo, silly saying else wise.

Hopefully Brands will go off and sign another Jarrod, we'l see.

* Hopefully we sign both.

Don Carlo negotiated the 22m fee everyone is so impressed with on Allan?

Odd, didnt think he did that.

No id give Brands credit for that, i'm not really criticizing him, i hope both are working in partnership, but lets be honest the big link here is Carlo.

With the credit i mention above on the price, i think you also have to factor in, if we had signed effectively last season i.e. better then Delph and Iwobi, would we need to do it again this summer in similar positions?

We have spent a lot of money to get to this point, so you cant look at Allan or Jamo or the need to have them in isolation from the cost of bad recruitment and last summers mistakes and what looks like wasted significant money on Delph and Iwobi. We're wallpapering over the cracks of bad recruitment last summer and now left with an overhang, with Delph and Iwobi, its a horrible waste of good resources.

We also look to have abandoned the Brands strategy of under 25 or whatever, again another nod to Carlo's finger prints here, im not against that really.

Last edited:
Can’t believe we waited sooooo long to get a class player for 23 million to improve the weakest part of our squad.

Bloody hell Brands. Just get it done...

Sniff it, haters.

Status
Not open for further replies.