2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s the perfect combo. Ancelotti identifies the players, Brands negotiates decent fees.

I dont see it that way.

I think Carlo has clearly gone to Brands and said "Look blue jeans, I really like that Allan fella at Napoli, would love to sign him", then I reckon Brands has gone away, looked at his scouting vids, asked his scouts then said "Ok Don Carlo, I will make it happen".

For me its crystal clear, every player signed while Brands is DoF is on his shoulders, the good, the bad and the very ugly, there is no middle ground.

I dont see it that way.

I think Carlo has clearly gone to Brands and said "Look blue jeans, I really like that Allan fella at Napoli, would love to sign him", then I reckon Brands has gone away, looked at his scouting vids, asked his scouts then said "Ok Don Carlo, I will make it happen".

For me its crystal clear, every player signed while Brands is DoF is on his shoulders, the good, the bad and the very ugly, there is no middle ground.

This. Dunno how people get so confused over it.

Brands gets the credit for the good, and the grief for the bad. He’s the DoF, he signs off the deals, irrespective of “who saw him first”.

I am finding it very suspicious the amount of love in this forum for Brands. The guy is a fraud and clearly incompetent. Thank god Ancelotti is taking control and shaping the squad to his liking. Some people have a very bad memory...we finished 12th!!! Delph and Iwobi have been shocking signings that has cost us dearly this last season...

I am finding it very suspicious the amount of love in this forum for Brands. The guy is a fraud and clearly incompetent. Thank god Ancelotti is taking control and shaping the squad to his liking. Some people have a very bad memory...we finished 12th!!! Delph and Iwobi have been shocking signings that has cost us dearly this last season...
We finished 12th because we were managed for half the year by that idiot Silva. Still out of work isn't he ?. No surprises there.

Has done some good and bad and has bought players the managers want rich and now allan. When more players leave sig ect i expect us to have more freedom to bring players in

We finished 12th because we were managed for half the year by that idiot Silva. Still out of work isn't he ?. No surprises there.
No we finish 12th because we lost games like the last game of the season against Bournemouth where it was quite apparent our midfield was bad...shocking end of the season post lockdown cost us any chance of top 10 finish with arguably one of the best manager in the world...

So poor players the DoF is responsible for , and the good ones are the manager ?
Silva was solely responsible for richy signing...and its not secret that Ancelotti had already spoken to Allan to convince him to join us...so yes...Brands get zero credit for those 2.

Walshy? Is it you? You ok mate?

Yep, can see that conversation now.

“Back in your box there Carlo” lol

This is the confusion I can’t understand. Brands has ultimate responsibility, but that doesn’t mean he would ignore the input from managers. Silva will have had lots of input. Carlo will have lots of input. It will be a ‘two tick‘ system. But Brands is DoF, so shoulders responsibility for the good and the bad. Don’t get the need to try to divide signings into DoF/Manager choices as if that‘s how multi-million pound deals are done - “you have this one, I’ll have the next”.

Status
Not open for further replies.