2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably it was to protect the investment. If we somehow manage to sell him for actual money this summer then (depending on the fee) it might have been a good gamble to make. Admittedly, it does seem unlikely but I can see the logic.

Think quite a few had been offered the needless new contracts and we are struggled to get rid of them.

I share that worry but what was comforting was he was at least getting dropped and wasn’t being indulged as a ten. His only competition for a spot in midfield was Davies and sometimes he even lost that battle so I’m hoping that if we bring in one or two proper midfielders and Delph and Gbamin ever get back for them Sigmund Fraud maybe for the door.

One can hope.

I just don’t foresee an exit for him during this transfer window. I think Ancelotti will keep him for the season unless we receive a substantial offer, which is unlikely given the current climate

Then of course this time next year he will only have one year left on his deal and will pretty much have no value.

Looks like a lose-lose situation with him.

He has a hard job on his hands Brands sorting this mess out , even after getting rid of some already you could realistically get rid of about a dozen more , with no impact on the first team if you include the dead wood in the 23's.
looks like it's going to be next season before there is any light at the end of the tunnel.
Brands contract will be up by then wider what will happen going forwards.

Carlo was playing Gomes when he had one leg. He’s not going anywhere.
I get the same vibes with Sigurdsson, I genuinely think he likes him as a player and that doesn’t really sit well with me....
I share that worry but what was comforting was he was at least getting dropped and wasn’t being indulged as a ten. His only competition for a spot in midfield was Davies and sometimes he even lost that battle so I’m hoping that if we bring in one or two proper midfielders and Delph and Gbamin ever get back for them Sigmund Fraud maybe for the door.
People don't really want rid of Gomes surely? I'd like to see him fully fit for a season first. I've said before I don't think he has been fully fit since he has been here.

If we sign Doucoure, Allan and James im not sure Sigurdsson, Gomes et all would really be anything more than rotation options.

I wonder if Gomes' inconsistent performances for the past 4 seasons will magically improve or whether Sigurdsson will do anything more in a career of muchness.

Doubtful.

If we sign Doucoure, Allan and James im not sure Sigurdsson, Gomes et all would really be anything more than rotation options.

I wonder if Gomes' inconsistent performances for the past 4 seasons will magically improve or whether Sigurdsson will do anything more in a career of muchness.

Doubtful.

Gomes will stay he can be quality.

There are quite a few to get rid of in the cm area. Delph, Besic, Davies, Baningime etc.

Doubtful.

I think Gomes who we all know has the quality will step his game up. I think that’s also been part of his problem (injury aside, even early on last season when he looked off) he hasn’t had much competition, I reckon I’d probably get a game if my only other competition is Sigurdsson or Davies. I think more competition is exactly what he needs to keep himself motivated as well.

I think Gomes who we all know has the quality will step his game up. I think that’s also been part of his problem (injury aside, even early on last season when he looked off) he hasn’t had much competition, I reckon I’d probably get a game if my only other competition is Sigurdsson or Davies. I think more competition is exactly what he needs to keep himself motivated as well.
Gomes step his game up? Why didn’t he just perform anyway? Was having Ancelotti not good enough for him? Proving yourself to a new manager? Spurs away? Couldn’t be bothered....
I’m flabbergasted that people think having a few good players around you is suddenly going to produce this consistent player....even when he’s produced good performances with the same players around him? He was the same before his injury.....
Trust me, I’ve played with pro golfers....and I’m still crap.

Gomes step his game up? Why didn’t he just perform anyway? Was having Ancelotti not good enough for him? Proving yourself to a new manager? Spurs away? Couldn’t be bothered....
I’m flabbergasted that people think having a few good players around you is suddenly going to produce this consistent player....even when he’s produced good performances with the same players around him? He was the same before his injury.....
Trust me, I’ve played with pro golfers....and I’m still crap.
It’s not just that though is it? We’re likely to change formation away from a 2 man midfield that really doesn’t suit him. We have a stable manager who isn’t a poor run away from being sacked now. We’ll actually have a defensive midfielder so he can concentrate on his strengths.

It’s very unfair expecting someone to perform consistently after mass upheaval, playing in a system that doesn’t work for him and whilst making him play a role he’s never played let alone the career ending injury he’s coming back from

I've no idea if that stat of 110 deals is correct, it seems an awful lot and if he's going to do 20 this window he better get a move on surely?

James and Allan are both, clearly Ancelotti players. The same as it was clearly Silva who brought in Richarlison.

Unless Brands merely looks at pervious clubs managers have been at and suggests their old players ? As well as Barcelona fringe players of course.

You don't need a well paid director of football to suggest players to top managers they know all too well. It would be like me getting a job at spurs with Mourinho and confidently whispering in his ear that there's a great French midfielder called Paul Pogba I think he might like the look of.

I know you like him though, Goat. Fair enough, but for me, he's just another expensive chancer.
The vast majority of our outgoings will be loans sadly. These are invariably done on or around deadline day. It's just the way it is and not Brands fault at all

Don’t be silly lad you would get a game. You would be In the first 11 each week with that midfield we got right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.