2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
People actually think that we would get Rodriguez if Carlo wasn’t in charge????

This is the first part of what I've been saying for a while. Carlo will have his own targets and know what he wants. James is as much of a Carlo signing as you could possibly get.

Ancelotti cslls the shots on signings and that's absolutely as it should be. Brands is completely redundant.

(In my opinion, thank God for that although I know there's plenty who think he's great)

This is the first part of what I've been saying for a while. Carlo will have his own targets and know what he wants. James is as much of a Carlo signing as you could possibly get.

Ancelotti cslls the shots on signings and that's absolutely as it should be. Brands is completely redundant.

(In my opinion, thank God for that although I know there's plenty who think he's great)
Brands has so far done 110+ transfers in his 2 years here and will no doubt oversee another 20+ this window.

But sure, keep claiming hes redundant.

Who do you think is doing the Hamez deal? The Allan deal? The donkeree deal?

But it doesnt matter, cos if Hamez flops you ferrets will no doubt be giving it the "WhY DiD BrAnDs SiGn HiM WitH hiS InjuRy ReCorD"

He will get none of the credit and all of the blame.

Brands has so far done 110+ transfers in his 2 years here and will no doubt oversee another 20+ this window.

But sure, keep claiming hes redundant.

Who do you think is doing the Hamez deal? The Allan deal? The donkeree deal?

But it doesnt matter, cos if Hamez flops you ferrets will no doubt be giving it the "WhY DiD BrAnDs SiGn HiM WitH hiS InjuRy ReCorD"

He will get none of the credit and all of the blame.

I've no idea if that stat of 110 deals is correct, it seems an awful lot and if he's going to do 20 this window he better get a move on surely?

James and Allan are both, clearly Ancelotti players. The same as it was clearly Silva who brought in Richarlison.

Unless Brands merely looks at pervious clubs managers have been at and suggests their old players ? As well as Barcelona fringe players of course.

You don't need a well paid director of football to suggest players to top managers they know all too well. It would be like me getting a job at spurs with Mourinho and confidently whispering in his ear that there's a great French midfielder called Paul Pogba I think he might like the look of.

I know you like him though, Goat. Fair enough, but for me, he's just another expensive chancer.

Surely he whole point of brands is to identify top talent for cheap prices.

Okay I'm very critical of Moise Kean but at least it was a king of thinking outside the box signing. That signing can be attributed to Brands at least. (Maybe the price isn't exactly ideal like).

There's loads of top players out there than other people haven't heard of though - that's the type of player brands should be all over.

I've no idea if that stat of 110 deals is correct, it seems an awful lot and if he's going to do 20 this window he better get a move on surely?

James and Allan are both, clearly Ancelotti players. The same as it was clearly Silva who brought in Richarlison.

Unless Brands merely looks at pervious clubs managers have been at and suggests their old players ? As well as Barcelona fringe players of course.

You don't need a well paid director of football to suggest players to top managers they know all too well. It would be like me getting a job at spurs with Mourinho and confidently whispering in his ear that there's a great French midfielder called Paul Pogba I think he might like the look of.

I know you like him though, Goat. Fair enough, but for me, he's just another expensive chancer.

Well hes already done 9 deals this window, but hey, hes redundant.

Yeah you could suggest Pogba to Jose, but can you get the deal done? I doubt it, his agent would eat you for breakfast, Ed Woodward would tie you in knots with jargon. You couldnt sign Pogba for Spurs.

Brands and Carlo talk daily.

No doubt Carlo suggested Hamez to Brands, but its Brands that is working on the deal, its Brands that will get the deal done.

Brands will take suggestions from lots of people Carlo, Greta, Moshiri, its up to him to do the deals, its up to Brands to find homes for players we dont need.

He earns 2m a year, sending Sandro on loan gets that money back, he earns his wage.

Okay I'm very critical of Moise Kean but at least it was a king of thinking outside the box signing. That signing can be attributed to Brands at least. (Maybe the price isn't exactly ideal like).

There's loads of top players out there than other people haven't heard of though - that's the type of player brands should be all over.

Its not his job to pluck obscure signings from the middle of a desert.

Its his job to improve the squad.

Every player hes signed has improved the squad.

It doesnt matter where he sources the players from.

We bought Luca Digne from Barca and 90% of the forum didnt even know who he was.

You think that a billionaire financial guru employs redundant , expensive chancers ?. Bit unlikely mate.

Well hes already done 9 deals this window, but hey, hes redundant.

Yeah you could suggest Pogba to Jose, but can you get the deal done? I doubt it, his agent would eat you for breakfast, Ed Woodward would tie you in knots with jargon. You couldnt sign Pogba for Spurs.

Brands and Carlo talk daily.

No doubt Carlo suggested Hamez to Brands, but its Brands that is working on the deal, its Brands that will get the deal done.

Brands will take suggestions from lots of people Carlo, Greta, Moshiri, its up to him to do the deals, its up to Brands to find homes for players we dont need.

He earns 2m a year, sending Sandro on loan gets that money back, he earns his wage.
So we are now employing a DOF to negotiate with agents? So let me get this right....we have managers who can identify players, we have this Gretar guy as his chief scout (no doubt also identifying players), so Brands is just the face of the negotiation? I’m fairly sure, the two guys above him, have made a very good living through their powers of negotiation. It just seems like he’s so prominent, yet he is performing a role that others are doing, or could do for him. You’ve been saying all along that it’s him who signs the players. Now he’s getting credit for negotiating with an agent??? Far too many chefs for me. A chief scout, a manager with the final say (I’m not convinced Brands would ever sanction a deal for Rodriguez).

Its not his job to pluck obscure signings from the middle of a desert.

Its his job to improve the squad.

Every player hes signed has improved the squad.

It doesnt matter where he sources the players from.

We bought Luca Digne from Barca and 90% of the forum didnt even know who he was.
Every signing improves every squad. That means nothing. Anyway enough Brands bashing. Let’s just hope he closes these three out

I do get the feeling Ancelotti hasn’t been happy with the transfer meetings only happening as the window opens and the dithering over targets and has just gone straight over Brands’ head with Allan, Doucoure, Arias and Rodriguez. Out of the lot of them I only see Doucoure as one Brands would actually want

If you honestly believe that you are even more DELUDED than I thought

Status
Not open for further replies.