2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are now employing a DOF to negotiate with agents? So let me get this right....we have managers who can identify players, we have this Gretar guy as his chief scout (no doubt also identifying players), so Brands is just the face of the negotiation? I’m fairly sure, the two guys above him, have made a very good living through their powers of negotiation. It just seems like he’s so prominent, yet he is performing a role that others are doing, or could do for him. You’ve been saying all along that it’s him who signs the players. Now he’s getting credit for negotiating with an agent??? Far too many chefs for me. A chief scout, a manager with the final say (I’m not convinced Brands would ever sanction a deal for Rodriguez).
And what the bloody hell is contract Dave's job in all this.

If he manages to offload Besic, Bolaise & Sandro this season and we get actual cash for them he deserves a lifetime position on the board. I reckon even DaveK would praise him for that one!

Also forgot about the likes of Pennington who’s now 25 and Baningime who doesn’t get a look in and clearly isn’t up to it.

If he manages to offload Besic, Bolaise & Sandro this season and we get actual cash for them he deserves a lifetime position on the board. I reckon even DaveK would praise him for that one!

Also forgot about the likes of Pennington who’s now 25 and Baningime who doesn’t get a look in and clearly isn’t up to it.

How come he had been offered a new contract a couple of seasons ago.

Dont those 3 all have 1 year left?

Id be impressed if he shifts Sigurdsson, Gomes, Iwobi and Keane for decent fees.

How come he had been offered a new contract a couple of seasons ago.
Presumably it was to protect the investment. If we somehow manage to sell him for actual money this summer then (depending on the fee) it might have been a good gamble to make. Admittedly, it does seem unlikely but I can see the logic.

I get the same vibes with Sigurdsson, I genuinely think he likes him as a player and that doesn’t really sit well with me....

I share that worry but what was comforting was he was at least getting dropped and wasn’t being indulged as a ten. His only competition for a spot in midfield was Davies and sometimes he even lost that battle so I’m hoping that if we bring in one or two proper midfielders and Delph and Gbamin ever get back for them Sigmund Fraud maybe for the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.