2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent really followed this thread so apologies if already covered. But his background. Was he ever in a position at psv to spend big money. As dutch sides dont tend to spend money but grow their own and sell.
When i see that photo of him standing with iwobi on the day of the signature one thought pops into my head everytime. Are you on drugs.
Guilty of not paying more attention to this director of football thing. Always just considered it as a posh name for a days gone by scout.
Going to have to take more interest as the iwobi thing has set off fire alarm bells now.

I havent really followed this thread so apologies if already covered. But his background. Was he ever in a position at psv to spend big money. As dutch sides dont tend to spend money but grow their own and sell.
When i see that photo of him standing with iwobi on the day of the signature one thought pops into my head everytime. Are you on drugs.
Guilty of not paying more attention to this director of football thing. Always just considered it as a posh name for a days gone by scout.
Going to have to take more interest as the iwobi thing has set off fire alarm bells now.

Thing with Iwobi is that the stats looked very strong...just not an "everton player" really...neither any of the mids hes signed (apart from gbamin maybe).

We want to see high energy players putting themselves about and throwing tackles in or strong runners...

In the dutch league its more about ball playing.

Thing with Iwobi is that the stats looked very strong...just not an "everton player" really...neither any of the mids hes signed (apart from gbamin maybe).

We want to see high energy players putting themselves about and throwing tackles in or strong runners...

Iwobis stats looked strong?

Absolutely minimal goals, assists, in fact... Anything of note.

The only thing going for him was his age.

I cant buy that stats thing for one second. Who pays that sort of money on the back of stats when your two eyes watching him tell you he is a turd.
Do stats show commitment, heart, passion and so on.
What if he's shown the best stats in the world that happens to be a striker in the albanian 3rd division. Does he buy off stats.
Concerning.

Iwobis stats looked strong?

Absolutely minimal goals, assists, in fact... Anything of note.

The only thing going for him was his age.
I cant buy that stats thing for one second. Who pays that sort of money on the back of stats when your two eyes watching him tell you he is a turd.
Do stats show commitment, heart, passion and so on.
What if he's shown the best stats in the world that happens to be a striker in the albanian 3rd division. Does he buy off stats.
Concerning.

I dont remember the stats now...but they were something showing his forward passing was very high and breaking lines / Pass before the assist type stuff

Was promising and showed why he could be good.

Cant say ive taken much notice of Iwobi. I always thought he was someone who suited arsenals fancy football.

Again though in Holland they dont really have many destroyer type players (no matter their position) its more on technique isnt it?

Van De Beek can put himself about but players like Klaassen and De Jong werent known for their defending with strong running and bite.

Thats central players of course and so wide players even less so...brands of course from the dutch league.

I dont remember the stats now...but they were something showing his forward passing was very high and breaking lines / Pass before the assist type stuff

Was promising and showed why he could be good.

Cant say ive taken much notice of Iwobi. I always thought he was someone who suited arsenals fancy football.

Again though in Holland they dont really have many destroyer type players (no matter their position) its more on technique isnt it?

Van De Beek can put himself about but players like Klaassen and De Jong werent known for their defending with strong running and bite.

Thats central players of course and so wide players even less so...brands of course from the dutch league.

Are you talking Nigel or Frenkie?

Would definitely say Nigel was a destroyer myself like!

Ask Xabi Alonso lol

Iwobi didn't do enough last season, and as I've said before, he wasn't someone I particularly wanted us to sign, but his early performances were encouraging. Ive seen enough of him, like Kean, to think he could still be useful in a side with better players and more energy. It's not like he is in his 30s and coming to the back end of his career. Obviously, if someone would pay what he paid for him, we would have a decision to make, but I don't think he should be considered a complete failure just yet. We paid for the profile, and he has scope to improve once he settles. I wouldn't say it was proof of Brands not being suitable.

I know it seems like I'm making excuses, but there's many factors at play here.

European games still ongoing
Players on holiday
Havertz and Sancho deal holding up the trickle-down :oops: :hayee:

A few teams will be back in training soon, Leagues like France and Holland start soon I think? Once this Euro farce is out the way, players back from holidays, teams back in business mode I think things will pop off.

Its a very, very strange window, by the time it closes we could have played 5-6 games and probably knocked out the League cup by Forest Green, at home, so I get the desire to get them in early, sadly its not up to us when other teams bid for our players.

We all meme, but I'm fairly sure Brands is working like a dog at the moment, he's got a LOT to do this window, but I think "we" all need to realise it wont be done on our time scale, sadly.

Again I'm not making excuses, we need them in and we need them in last week, we need major surgery and we need to sell at least 10 players just to make us look half decent.

Anyway, back to the memes!

I will be stunned if we do anything this week.
dd9e711494749652fba1991bca88624d.gif

Are you talking Nigel or Frenkie?

Would definitely say Nigel was a destroyer myself like!

Ask Xabi Alonso lol

lol yeah i was talking about Frenkie of course.

Point stands though theres hardly any in Holland and players are more focused on technique than...brutality lol

Iwobi didn't do enough last season, and as I've said before, he wasn't someone I particularly wanted us to sign, but his early performances were encouraging. Ive seen enough of him, like Kean, to think he could still be useful in a side with better players and more energy. It's not like he is in his 30s and coming to the back end of his career. Obviously, if someone would pay what he paid for him, we would have a decision to make, but I don't think he should be considered a complete failure just yet. We paid for the profile, and he has scope to improve once he settles. I wouldn't say it was proof of Brands not being suitable.

£27mil on him and £9mil on Delph + £22mil on Gomes

£58mil there...

Gbamin at £22mil we dont know about so cant really judge but £80mil for those 4 players.

Incredible really how he chose to spend it.

Fella stop banging your head against the wall. He's dire. The majority of Arsenal fans were laughing their heads off. Other clubs fans were laughing. They knew. As did most of us.
Brands sanctioning alex iwobi is a huge concern that he doesnt know what hes doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.