2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fella stop banging your head against the wall. He's dire. The majority of Arsenal fans were laughing their heads off. Other clubs fans were laughing. They knew. As did most of us.
Brands sanctioning alex iwobi is a huge concern that he doesnt know what hes doing.

£35m for Jesse Lingard is peak Brands.

Fella stop banging your head against the wall. He's dire. The majority of Arsenal fans were laughing their heads off. Other clubs fans were laughing. They knew. As did most of us.
Brands sanctioning alex iwobi is a huge concern that he doesnt know what hes doing.

I'm not banging my head on anything. We paid the price for a 23 old international attacking player, playing for 1 of the so called big 6, who can play multiple positions and played in virtually all of their games in the previous season, and counts as a homegrown player. These players come at a premium. It's not his fault we take all of our talented youngsters and waste them in loan's to championship and League 1 teams with seemingly no plan on what to do with them, prioritising expensive flop signings who fail to turn up week in week out, and then end up releasing them or selling them for nominal fees when they get to the same age.

Take Dowell for example. If we had used him instead of Sigurdsson for even a handful of games and he'd have scored a couple of those goals he is known for scoring in the Premier League, we'd be looking at getting the same £20+m fees instead of basically covering his development fees. Liverpool were apparently looking for £30m for Wilson, after getting £20m each for Ibe, Solanke and Ings who had about 15 appearances and 3 goals between them.

Point being, that's the way prices are going. Was it a gamble? Of course. Has it worked? No, not yet. But he is young enough that he can either improve or we can get the majority of it back, if not more.

£20m now is the £2m from the 90s and early 2000's. Expecting Brands to defy the financial landscape and sign superstars for buttons on the one hand, then complain about him potentially missing out on another signing for not just stumping up what they want is ridiculous.

I'm not banging my head on anything. We paid the price for a 23 old international attacking player, playing for 1 of the so called big 6, who can play multiple positions and played in virtually all of their games in the previous season, and counts as a homegrown player. These players come at a premium. It's not his fault we take all of our talented youngsters and waste them in loan's to championship and League 1 teams with seemingly no plan on what to do with them, prioritising expensive flop signings who fail to turn up week in week out, and then end up releasing them or selling them for nominal fees when they get to the same age.

Take Dowell for example. If we had used him instead of Sigurdsson for even a handful of games and he'd have scored a couple of those goals he is known for scoring in the Premier League, we'd be looking at getting the same £20+m fees instead of basically covering his development fees. Liverpool were apparently looking for £30m for Wilson, after getting £20m each for Ibe, Solanke and Ings who had about 15 appearances and 3 goals between them.

Point being, that's the way prices are going. Was it a gamble? Of course. Has it worked? No, not yet. But he is young enough that he can either improve or we can get the majority of it back, if not more.

£20m now is the £2m from the 90s and early 2000's. Expecting Brands to defy the financial landscape and sign superstars for buttons on the one hand, then complain about him potentially missing out on another signing for not just stumping up what they want is ridiculous.
There are some ridiculous expectations on him when he is still working on unwinding the Martinez / Walsh / Koeman / Allerdice signings. They have almost sunk the club and wont finally resolved until next summer.
Next season will be treading water.

Also, be fair, he has already pulled Branthwaite out of the hat. This is the sort of signing where he can really demonstrate his worth.

Your point about Dowell is really pertinent here, I agree with it wholeheartedly. Branthwaite could rapidly be worth a fortune if used judiciously, or ruined if sent on plan. Our loans have generally been disastrous and nee DC rethinking.

"We paid the price for a 23yr old international"
News just in. Hes crap for nigeria aswell.
Jesus christ just pack it in. NO OTHER CLUB WOULD HAVE PAID IT FOR HIM. Why are people still continuing to try and justify this.
One of the worst signings i have ever seen Everton make.
We have done our dough on him. But thats done now. The other issue is brands being involved in this. Going forward it scares me he is behind signings like this.

"We paid the price for a 23yr old international"
News just in. Hes crap for nigeria aswell.
Jesus christ just pack it in. NO OTHER CLUB WOULD HAVE PAID IT FOR HIM. Why are people still continuing to try and justify this.
One of the worst signings i have ever seen Everton make.
We have done our dough on him. But thats done now. The other issue is brands being involved in this. Going forward it scares me he is behind signings like this.
Just a thought but the fee paid for most players is actually for a price NO OTHER CLUB WOULD PAY that is why the team signs them .Pretty simple really . Now what was it you were saying?

Come on soft lad time to show your worth

Iwobi + Tosun for Zaha

Allan, Gabriel & Bailey IN

Bolasie/Besic/Sandro OOT

Time to right the wrongs committed.

Status
Not open for further replies.