2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
488DBE5C00000578-0-image-a-63_1516979813785.jpg

View attachment 97411

That's the Allardyce Dancing meme on the TV behind him isn't it?

ElementaryCoordinatedCanine-small.gif

id be shocked if there wasnt anything this week...that would be 2 weeks with no movement in/out.

3 days till training isnt it?

Can we sell someone/give them away?

I know it seems like I'm making excuses, but there's many factors at play here.

European games still ongoing
Players on holiday
Havertz and Sancho deal holding up the trickle-down :oops: :hayee:

A few teams will be back in training soon, Leagues like France and Holland start soon I think? Once this Euro farce is out the way, players back from holidays, teams back in business mode I think things will pop off.

Its a very, very strange window, by the time it closes we could have played 5-6 games and probably knocked out the League cup by Forest Green, at home, so I get the desire to get them in early, sadly its not up to us when other teams bid for our players.

We all meme, but I'm fairly sure Brands is working like a dog at the moment, he's got a LOT to do this window, but I think "we" all need to realise it wont be done on our time scale, sadly.

Again I'm not making excuses, we need them in and we need them in last week, we need major surgery and we need to sell at least 10 players just to make us look half decent.

Anyway, back to the memes!
id be shocked if there wasnt anything this week...that would be 2 weeks with no movement in/out.

3 days till training isnt it?

I wouldn’t be shocked
I will be stunned if we do anything this week.

The season starts in almost 4 weeks.

We start the season with no additions/minimal additions then we will have a very poor start.
Manager : Carlo Ancelotti

GK

Jordan Pickford (HG)
João Virginia
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny (HG)

LB
Lucas Digne

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)
Jarrad Branthwaite
Lewis Gibson
Matthew Pennington (HG)

DM/CM/AM
André Gomes
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
Tom Davies (HG)
Fabian Delph (HG)
Muhamed Bešić
Beni Baningime (HG)
Callum Connolly (HG)

Widers
Bernard
Theo Walcott (HG)
Alex Iwobi (HG)
Anthony Gordon
Yannick Bolasie
Josh Bowler (HG)

ST
Richarlison
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Moise Kean
Cenk Tosun
Sandro Ramírez

Total players: 31

Players culled so far:8

Schneiderlin, Stekelenburg(OOC), Martina(OOC), Garbutt(OOC), Feeney(OOC), Niasse(OOC), Baines(Retired), Dowell

Players purchased so far: 0

Homegrown players: 14
I wouldn’t be shocked

To quote @MarcelsGoat list of players...

Weve gone from 39 to 31 in the squad.

8 out so far and we ideally need to move on another 11-15 players.

There needs to be a higher run rate here.

To quote @MarcelsGoat list of players...

Weve gone from 39 to 31 in the squad.

8 out so far and we ideally need to move on another 11-15 players.

There needs to be a higher run rate here.

Yeah sadly Zat this window runs till October 5th and whether we like or not we will 100% be doing business right up to and probably after (EFL transfers can still happen after that date) that date.

I know it seems like I'm making excuses, but there's many factors at play here.

European games still ongoing
Players on holiday
Havertz and Sancho deal holding up the trickle-down :oops: :hayee:

A few teams will be back in training soon, Leagues like France and Holland start soon I think? Once this Euro farce is out the way, players back from holidays, teams back in business mode I think things will pop off.

Its a very, very strange window, by the time it closes we could have played 5-6 games and probably knocked out the League cup by Forest Green, at home, so I get the desire to get them in early, sadly its not up to us when other teams bid for our players.

We all meme, but I'm fairly sure Brands is working like a dog at the moment, he's got a LOT to do this window, but I think "we" all need to realise it wont be done on our time scale, sadly.

Again I'm not making excuses, we need them in and we need them in last week, we need major surgery and we need to sell at least 10 players just to make us look half decent.

Anyway, back to the memes!

I will be stunned if we do anything this week.

If nothing happens this week then it will be 2 weeks with zero ins/outs and the squad back training.

Even just looking at the numbers its going to be tricky to have 31 in a squad training together + also u23s coming up to train as well.

If nothing happens at all this week then theres going to be some unhappy players next week and before season start mingling with others and knowing theyre on the way out.

Good news is Besic is back and he is the one midfielder who can make a tackle.

If nothing happens this week then it will be 2 weeks with zero ins/outs and the squad back training.

Even just looking at the numbers its going to be tricky to have 31 in a squad training together + also u23s coming up to train as well.

If nothing happens at all this week then theres going to be some unhappy players next week and before season start mingling with others and knowing theyre on the way out.

Good news is Besic is back and he is the one midfielder who can make a tackle.

There wont be much mingling.

I would assume most will have already been told not to attend first-team training and if not they will be told when they show up.

We generally don't have them all together, we like a small group.

Not saying Brands has been on holiday, but its a strange period, most clubs will be back running at full pelt next week so I would imagine that's when things will start moving.

Yeah sadly Zat this window runs till October 5th and whether we like or not we will 100% be doing business right up to and probably after (EFL transfers can still happen after that date) that date.

If im not wrong, aside from out of contract players its only Schneiderlin and Dowell who have been moved on so far.

Brilliant work to get those two out for fees (and Hornby who you omitted).

With seasons kicking off soon there 'should' be more appetite for players.

Pity we havent been able to move players on with swaps...

Tosun i reckon will be gone in october if hes close to fitness but theres alot who need to be moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.