Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just on my way back home. Was it a penalty? Looked like it to me but I haven't seen it again.

Everton were pretty poor. Richarlison is no striker, has no presence. Coleman is finished, Walcott is very wasteful.

We wasted our best chances by hitting them straight at De Gea in the first half.
Never a penalty, it was a cracking tackle one of the beast you'll see all season, the ref bottled it.

Souness ripping into Walcott saying he cost us 2 goals today...

Don't like him but yeah he was spot on there, Walcott was embarrassing on that 2nd especially. Looks like Lookman is ready and has the bit between his teeth now though fingers crossed... Can defo see him replacing Walcott next time out.

I´m just thinking same old story. I mean, a lot of people are saying our goalkeeper was man of the match and that´s in a game where United barely didn´t get out of first gear.

We had a few chances but I´d absolutely expect that to be the case at 2-0 down and chasing the game. I´ll reiterate the point... This is a really poor United team and the next few weeks will only help to confirm that.

United are like us but with a few more better players. We didn't defend against them as we usually do and that is a problem United have this season (against defensive teams) like us struggle to break down defences. The more open a game then the more they can express themselves. That was a game of openness which suited both teams but our right side was our downfall along with inability to turn chances into goals. I honestly do not think we are that far away and think Silva is strong enough to replace good players with even better rather than settling with what we have got. Him and Brands are aiming for top 6 and will not be content with best of the rest. A few seasons and we should have what they want going by who they have signed so far. Gomes got to be priority and work on Zouma and make him want to stay.

Need a new right wing. Walcott has been bad for a few games now. Lost the ball too easily in the lead up for the pen and should of been covering martial for his goal. The same as he did for lacazette at arsenal. And I'm sick of Coleman receiving the ball and just stopping waiting for all the opposition to get back into position throwing his arms in the air and passing back to kean.
So true. Colman seems to have forget you can actually move WITH the ball. When he gets it, just stands in the same spot looking for a pass, so angle is easily closed down... then throws his arms up and passes backwards. Just hasn't been same since the leg. Starting to worry if he ever will. Come on Seamus!

I can understand people being optimistic, but we look far from the heights we reached with the best Moyes teams, or the first year of Martinez.

United are like us but with a few more better players. We didn't defend against them as we usually do and that is a problem United have this season (against defensive teams) like us struggle to break down defences. The more open a game then the more they can express themselves. That was a game of openness which suited both teams but our right side was our downfall along with inability to turn chances into goals. I honestly do not think we are that far away and think Silva is strong enough to replace good players with even better rather than settling with what we have got. Him and Brands are aiming for top 6 and will not be content with best of the rest. A few seasons and we should have what they want going by who they have signed so far. Gomes got to be priority and work on Zouma and make him want to stay.

I think we are going in the right direction but I just didn´t see much to be excited about today. If you replay last year´s game at Old Trafford we probably had as many chances as we had today.

It was a million miles from the Arsenal away performance under Martinez that showed a complete change in our approach. What we had today was what we´ve been churning out against the top 6 sides for years.

Getting really, really bored of losing these games away now.

Same. Big reason I pulled my financial support away from football.

Referee standard is woeful and we are consistantly on the end of bad decisions against the Sky faves. Since my son was born I found other outlets to spend on.

Watched the game in the pub and had a thouroughly dreadful time. Will be a while before i do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.