Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my main gripe with Seamus. He doesn't move the ball quickly enough and can stop momentum in its tracks. He just doesn't know what to do with the ball and like you say starts throwing his arms in the air. It is as if he hasn't got the picture in his head of where players are when he receives the ball. Unfortunately he is fading badly.

Just got to take it and move on, yet another match where we've lost out due to refereeing incompetency. If these thing supposedly even themselves out we should be in for a treat. The right flank costed us dearly; Coleman is (sadly) not good enough anymore for where we want to be and I have no doubt that Lookman will be starting ahead of Theo next week. Richarlison wasn't brilliant but in fairness did win the penalty and should have had Smalling sent off. Pickford was brilliant and Keane & Zouma look like they're gonna be a tough partnership for Mina to break into. If Silva can coach some ruthlessness into the attackers we'll start picking points up in these type of fixtures.

We'll do them at Goodison.

One of them days, better finishing, better refereeing & we could have easily got something from the game.

Need to be more clinical against these 'better' sides. Both at Arsenal & today we created easily enough to get points but just not deadly enough at the moment.

Actually quite tough for MOTM but will go for Sigurdsson.

Also, if there is one player that needs knocking out it is Pogba. Never seen such a narcissistic player and we are living in a world with Ronaldo.

Just got to take it and move on, yet another match where we've lost out due to refereeing incompetency. If these thing supposedly even themselves out we should be in for a treat. The right flank costed us dearly; Coleman is (sadly) not good enough anymore for where we want to be and I have no doubt that Lookman will be starting ahead of Theo next week. Richarlison wasn't brilliant but in fairness did win the penalty and should have had Smalling sent off. Pickford was brilliant and Keane & Zouma look like they're gonna be a tough partnership for Mina to break into. If Silva can coach some ruthlessness into the attackers we'll start picking points up in these type of fixtures.

We'll do them at Goodison.
Also can we please learn how to score from corners

I thought it was a poor game,and we didnt look that good,yes we didnt roll over but that is as poor a United side as there has been for years

Same. Big reason I pulled my financial support away from football.

Referee standard is woeful and we are consistantly on the end of bad decisions against the Sky faves. Since my son was born I found other outlets to spend on.

Watched the game in the pub and had a thouroughly dreadful time. Will be a while before i do that again.
Fair enough. Fortunately some will never give up. We all have our priorities. I collect stamps but Everton come first.

Manchester United at Old Trafford.
I know they are not the force they used to be but at least it wasn’t over before half time.

I was encouraged look to have a decent squad and a style of play now that Gomes is in the team.

One or both of Walcott / Coleman need dropping for Brighton match..... Richarlison back on left , Bernard or Lookman on the right , striker up top.

Coleman / Kenny not good enough atm.....this is same problem we've had with Baines the last season.....cant take as long to upgrade this time.

So disappointed. We were negative and that isn't Silva but the players. Every pass is the easy pass. No one wants to go forward and pass forward. United were there for the taking today. Too much hiding. Gomez and strangely Zouma were the only two who wanted to go forward either with the ball or pass directly.

The pen for them was a disgrace. Moss is one of the worst refs in the league. Shocking decision.

You’re a better man than I, as I say this with 100% hindsight but Richie scoring from a CF position in the first game we put him there almost seems like a curse as we stuck with it and only really gave ourselves a chance in subsequent games when we changed it.

I’d obviously have loved a result today, but it is a decent consolation to think about what kind of results we could/will pick up with what are only really minor tweaks to the team.

..I think there might be two reasons; the lack of quality we have in our CF options (Niasse, Tosun and DCL) meant Richarlison was worth a try; also, playing Richarlison CF allowed Silva to shoehorn Bernard into the team

I said at the time, I was not a fan of playing Richarlison CF because you lose lots of his effectiveness even if he might arguably be an improvement on the other CF options.

Personally, i’d be playing Richarlison on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.