Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just not convinced. Silva doesn't seem to get even the basics of defending.
That first goal today as well when MOTD broke it down and showed pickford had no options shows how poor Silva's tactics are.
Mina hasn't convinced me up to now, he's looked poor and for his size, he doesn't dominate our area, but don't think you can blame Marcos tactics on poor defending and poor finishing.

Martinez MK2 without the decent first season
At first glance you might be right, it remains to be seen if after numerous glances you're not wrong.

Seems to me we're only halfway there and Silva needs more time...and money - don't they always?
At the moment we seem to be half a team who play half a game against half the league and half the time our tactics and personal picked are the wrong half for which ever half of the league we happen to be playing against.
Short version; glass not only half empty but tastes like cats pee.

Its also a worry that two of our more decently performing players, Gomes and Zouma are loanees, with no guarantee of staying

Mina hasn't convinced me up to now, he's looked poor and for his size, he doesn't dominate our area, but don't think you can blame Marcos tactics on poor defending and poor finishing.
Who do you blame then for very poor basic defending if not the coach?
Motd just showed the team was set up wrong so tactics were wrong.

OOPS MOTD have it right every f***ing week then, it pays well to be a smart arse pundit doesn't it, how can you blame poor defending on the manager

OOPS MOTD have it right every f***ing week then, it pays well to be a smart arse pundit doesn't it, how can you blame poor defending on the manager
Ok you tell me who is responsible for the position of the players today then which left pickford with no unmarked players to make a simple pass to?

Simple, hit the ball upfield it's not rocket science is it,why does he need to make a simple pass when he can hit it upfield?

All 3 goals were awful defending. The first is a catalogue of errors from Pickford and Mina. The other 2 are free headers in our 6 yard box. A real stinker defensively. Time for Mina to sit out a game because he was abject today.

All 3 goals were awful defending. The first is a catalogue of errors from Pickford and Mina. The other 2 are free headers in our 6 yard box. A real stinker defensively. Time for Mina to sit out a game because he was abject today.
Well said mate, not been convinced by him up to now.

Honestly had Jordan not had a brain fart, the Derby would have been our best performance IMO.

Marco should have been able to build off of that performance. Sadly we've been awful since.

That match and the farcical nature of the goal has had a profound effect on both the players and the fans.

We badly need to beat Spurs next week to restore belief in the progress we were definitely making before the 96th minute at The Pit.

A bit like in Koeman"s first season when a win over Arsenal in December, which no one saw coming, ended a slump had lasted from mid September.

Status
Not open for further replies.