Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't see the match tbh. Couldn't get chance to with life and stuff.

Getting beat by the reigning champions though, who moved to the top of the league in the process. It's kinda one of those results you don't put much stock into isn't it?

You don’t expect anything from the game, so then it comes down to putting a performance in, and we may have had a few chances, but overall we were cack.

Didn't see the match tbh. Couldn't get chance to with life and stuff.

Getting beat by the reigning champions though, who moved to the top of the league in the process. It's kinda one of those results you don't put much stock into isn't it?
a bit like losing to Leicester in the last game of 2016/17

While I was disappointed with the result and the performance I wasn't surprised by it. Citeh are very hard to play against. They pressure you very effectively to get the ball back and counter attack whenever they can. Everton would have had to be at 100% and Citeh having a somewhat off day to play well against them. We weren't at 100%.

That match and the farcical nature of the goal has had a profound effect on both the players and the fans.

We badly need to beat Spurs next week to restore belief in the progress we were definitely making before the 96th minute at The Pit.

A bit like in Koeman"s first season when a win over Arsenal in December, which no one saw coming, ended a slump had lasted from mid September.

Bang on. Bring on the most horrendous game of nothing football and an injury time winner going in off Yerry’s behind.

The next result, not performance, could genuinely define the rest of the season.

If a team like saints who are in transition with one of the worst squads in the league can beat top 6 sides., then why are some Everton fans happy to write such games off, under the illusion of us having to have a whole season in 'transition'

For the record Southampton deserved that win too. They worked hard, played as a unit and got the 3 points.

If a team like saints who are in transition with one of the worst squads in the league can beat top 6 sides., then why are some Everton fans happy to write such games off, under the illusion of us having to have a whole season in 'transition'

For the record Southampton deserved that win too. They worked hard, played as a unit and got the 3 points.

LOL

I WISH WE WERE SOUTHAMPTON

Oh Frank, new manager bounce has been happening since forever.

Looks decent tho that Fella.
I said we should of looked into him at the time.

Unfortunately the mosh wanted silva ended up with allardyce and then got silva.

That series of events told me alot about the mosh. None of it good.

Brands is our ONLY hope.

I said we should of looked into him at the time.

Unfortunately the mosh wanted silva ended up with allardyce and then got silva.

That series of events told me alot about the mosh. None of it good.

Brands is our ONLY hope.

I didnt want the Jarg Jose either Frank, but we simply have to support the fella at the top, we cant just sack, sack, sack, it never works.

52m in managers comp in the last 3 years, its unsustainable Frank, so we stick with Marco, of course if he starts failing big time, well then decisions have to be made, but every single thread yesterday had 90% of posters utterly slating the players, if our players are so bad, then surely Silva is doing a good job?

Now of course our players arent bad, but they arent tip top, put it that way, so for me Silva has us where we should be.

I didnt want the Jarg Jose either Frank, but we simply have to support the fella at the top, we cant just sack, sack, sack, it never works.

52m in managers comp in the last 3 years, its unsustainable Frank, so we stick with Marco, of course if he starts failing big time, well then decisions have to be made, but every single thread yesterday had 90% of posters utterly slating the players, if our players are so bad, then surely Silva is doing a good job?

Now of course our players arent bad, but they arent tip top, put it that way, so for me Silva has us where we should be.
I am merely frustrated at him at present.
I hope he is learning from these games

Show me marco

Show

Me

3pts

Status
Not open for further replies.