Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never expected us to win. Did expect us to look like we belonged in the same league. We did not.

Who's in their league though? The RS will win tomorrow and go top and they're still not in City's league. No side is. That's what spending 2 billion quid or whatever it is and being owned by a country does. We competed and that's all you can ask for against a side so financially doped.

Who's in their league though? The RS will win tomorrow and go top and they're still not in City's league. No side is. That's what spending 2 billion quid or whatever it is and being owned by a country does. We competed and that's all you can ask for against a side so financially doped.

Completely disagree. We wilted under simple pressing. It was so sad to watch.

My point is more that they had aguero, sterling and de bruyne on the bench and played at a canter for most of the game. Yes we created chances but I don't think their 3 points were ever really in danger.
At the risk of repeating myself.
If we convert our chances we are a danger to them no matter how good they are.
Its not just agst City it happens every week now.
Other than the save off Keanes attempted clearance and the obvious 3 avoidable goals the defence and keeper looked comfortable.
At 2-1 Pep held his plans for his subs , so he was obviously concerned.
If it got to 2-2 anything can happen.

Must start taking our chances and sign a propper centre forward.

This was one game where we can kinda relax....don't / didnt care about the result tbh. I start caring again in February. The festive period has been dire for us for years... I see nothing to change that. Enjoy your Christmases all and one.... Footy means very little when family / friends health and good will are paramount this time of year...as they should all year but we are all conditioned to worry far more now than in say February.....hey ho. Peace to all x

If indeed our lion hearts in royal blue have 'downed tools', you have to start considering whether Capt Jags and Bainesy are fomenting trouble in the background...
I'm not by general inclination a conspiracy theorist, but I'm starting to believe @davek was right about those two...
What a comment.........we don't live up to expectations today so you blame 2 lads that have served us faithfully for years who didn't even play, though by your own admission you know feck all about what is going on behind the scenes.
You and all the other bedwetters need to do one out of our club and go and support someone like City so you have less to moan about.

They rested some of there better players and still won despite never really having to get out of first gear, but at least we did have a go. We have probably created as many chances against the top 6 than I have seen in a while. I’m just happy we don’t sit back and defend, 5 at the back under Koeman and Sam would have been all out defence.

What a comment.........we don't live up to expectations today so you blame 2 lads that have served us faithfully for years who didn't even play, though by your own admission you know feck all about what is going on behind the scenes.
You and all the other bedwetters need to do one out of our club and go and support someone like City so you have less to moan about.
I was joking mate

Status
Not open for further replies.