Match Thread Manchester City v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham now winning at Fulham after being dominated for 15 minutes.

It's frustrating that we aren't taking our chances, but having a true CF would be helpful. Not that DCL played poorly, heck, I'd almost give him another start, but it would be nice to have a stud up top.

To me it looked like they werent assed, first game ive noticed a lack of effort.

They were assed....just not good enough against better players. We couldn't cope with them but still could have had 3 possibly 4 goals.
Man City are great at pressing which doesn't give our players much time to think on the ball. Our midfield is not a dominant midfield and space appears for most teams that play against us. Get a top notch striker and we are a different proposition but still won't be the finished article. Still plenty of tweaks to make and believe Silva will learn a lot from that game. Let us see what he has in mind for the Jan and summer transfer markets because we still need a good few quality players

West Ham now winning at Fulham after being dominated for 15 minutes.

It's frustrating that we aren't taking our chances, but having a true CF would be helpful. Not that DCL played poorly, heck, I'd almost give him another start, but it would be nice to have a stud up top.
I'd love oblige but I'm too old. Mind you, even when I was young enough I was rubbish

What I “enjoy” about City is the speed and number of players they get around the ball. That and pinging it about.

Snidey too esp Fernandez

Think Gomes is carrying an injury

Encouraging signs. We are going to these top sides and giving them a game, creating chances and scoring. We're not at that level yet to be expecting points wise from them.

What's not encouraging is that if we lose to the Spuds next weekend we'll go into boxing day on 24 points whereas during last season's debacle we had 27 at that stage.

I thought we looked up to it for the first 20 minutes but certainly seemed to drop off after they scored
I can imagine what it's like when you start well, don't take your chances, and then the first mistake leads to a goal. You're playing the best side in Europe, in freezing rain. The first sign of 'Here we go again" in those conditions are bound to have an effect. I imagine the derby result is still there in the background too.

Encouraging signs. We are going to these top sides and giving them a game, creating chances and scoring. We're not at that level yet to be expecting points wise from them.

What's not encouraging is that if we lose to the Spuds next weekend we'll go into boxing day on 24 points whereas during last season's debacle we had 27 at that stage.
I'm not too bothered about this season vs last season except in terms of how the team are playing. I'd not swap this season for last.

If indeed our lion hearts in royal blue have 'downed tools', you have to start considering whether Capt Jags and Bainesy are fomenting trouble in the background...
I'm not by general inclination a conspiracy theorist, but I'm starting to believe @davek was right about those two...

Of course we were... though his reckless ball out also resulted in a goal against. The dynamic of the game wouldve changed too had we took them.

I agree to some extent. But I'm not sure the evidence suggests getting the first goal changes the dynamic of games for us. (Haven't checked.)

I do think the converse is true though -- it's definitely worse for us to concede the first goal.

If indeed our lion hearts in royal blue have 'downed tools', you have to start considering whether Capt Jags and Bainesy are fomenting trouble in the background...
I'm not by general inclination a conspiracy theorist, but I'm starting to believe @davek was right about those two...

Are Russian bots allowed on GOT, mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.