Match Thread Manchester City(1) Vs Everton(2) - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 2nd Leg - Weds 27th Jan - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw this from the everton end. i was surprised the stewards didn't do anything with the city fans throwing the punches. from what I saw it just looked all one way. Instead they just returned to their seats whilst the toffees got chucked out. Im sure I've seen this in the lower gwladys when an away fan has snuck in but our fans also got chucked out for fighting.

Good points mate, but Osman went off on 60 mins, and he played very well for those 60 minutes as well. If only he could run...
Thanks mate I would hate to do down a player unfairly. A cracking little player but time catches up with us all. Unlikely to be a game changer nowadays. Well done him though if he gave 60 good minutes. I am just desperate to see some proper closing down all around the pitch. I am convinced it is about 80% of the problem.

Thanks mate I would hate to do down a player unfairly. A cracking little player but time catches up with us all. Unlikely to be a game changer nowadays. Well done him though if he gave 60 good minutes. I am just desperate to see some proper closing down all around the pitch. I am convinced it is about 80% of the problem.

Yep agree mate. Ozzie was in to retain possession and he did that really well. He hasn't got the legs to go for more than 45 minutes anymore, which is a shame.

thats horrible :( unlucky mate i feel you .. my dad lives in another
country said text him let him know how it goes he had to sleep 'was 1-0 up'
worst feeling ever he woke up with the message 'im done'
Son is living and working in China! Not sure if he stayed up 8 hours ahead but I think he did. Gutted waiting for his first trophy For the Blues. He was all set to fly back for the final. Sigh. Maybe in May!!!

Yep agree mate. Ozzie was in to retain possession and he did that really well. He hasn't got the legs to go for more than 45 minutes anymore, which is a shame.

It's the same with Deulofeu if Roberto thinks that he cannot last 90 minutes. And perhaps Pienaar too.

If he plays them, then it ties Martinez' hands on substitutions.

As an alternative, Roberto could use them as substitutes.

The amazing thing was that by taking off Del Boy and not playing Lennon we had no pace and no outlet upfront and City's defenders could push up the field. Plus even half tired he can still do great things.

The amazing thing was that by taking off Del Boy and not playing Lennon we had no pace and no outlet upfront and City's defenders could push up the field. Plus even half tired he can still do great things.

Lennon for Deulofeu would have been a like for like substitution.

When he makes a move like that, Martinez is accused of not having a Plan B.

When he doesn't, he is accused of changing things for the worse.

He can't win!

Osman should never have got closer to the pitch than a seat in the stands. A poor player not getting better with age

Everton went into the game with a one goal lead, and I'd say that their play in the first half, based around Osman, was close to perfect.

In the second half, City were able to increase their emphasis on attack with the introduction of Navas and de Bruyne.

The gift of a goal by the referee set City on the path to victory. Osman and Deulofeu were replaced by McCarthy and Coleman, neither of whom was match fit.

It was catch 22 for him if he lost last night.

- Go out and attack from the start - he'd have been hounded as been naive
- Try and defend and play on the counter - too negative, should have attacked more

The end of the day we got beat in a semi final by a team that cost £500m.

But no, fans (especially on twitter) are literally having none of it, and now thinking of any excuse to fit their agenda.

'Stones was out of position', 'Stones can't clear it', 'Barkley should be defending more'.

It's madness. It's not be-fitting of our fanbase, but actually, I can't stand (what seems like) the majority of Evertonians anymore.

Agreed on all counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.