Match Thread Manchester City(1) Vs Everton(2) - Capital One Cup - Semi Final 2nd Leg - Weds 27th Jan - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to feel anything other than kicked in the balls by that. Unbelievable deflection and the less said about the second, the better for our blood pressure. But for me, the game was lost when Kone came on for Del. He didn't play badly or anything, he was just the absolute opposite of what the game needed at that point. Last ten minutes to hold it up maybe, but not with 30 to go FFS. Lost any chance of a counter attack at that point.

- Key injuries before game? CHECK
- Poor choices in starting XI? CHECK
- Early lead, giving false sense of hope? CHECK
- Immediate response from City? CHECK
- Subbing at completely the wrong time (really, Geri should be playing the full 90)? CHECK
- Goal that should have been disallowed (Sterling's ball over the back line)? CHECK
- SECOND goal that should have been disallowed (Aguero offside)? CHECK
- Added time being cut into by De Bruyne's injury (should have been at LEAST 98:30)? CHECK
- Everton being a big [Poor language removed] disappointment once again? CHECK CHECK CHECK CHECK

Everton [Poor language removed] that.

Lady Luck didn't help us tonight, but city best team on the night. But there was almost an inevitability that we would concede. Oh how we missed besic' bite in midfield. Osman and cleverley shouldn't be near the first team for a while after their performance. 7th time we have conceded 3 goals or more in a match this season. Martinez won't even have a cup to save him now. Time for him to go.
We're not out of the fa cup yet!

Quite frankly we deserved nothing from the way we approached that game. Jockeying is not good enough if you want to stop a team playing and defending space against a team like City is not right. We should have been hassling from the word go. Stones defending is woeful and costing us so I believe his head is turned or just maybe lost confidence. My biggest disappointment and probably the most hurtful to us is the loss of form of Lukaku. He is actually playing like he is not bothered.
Agreed
If those guys worked for me I'd sack them !

3 wins in 16 in the league. In that time we've had home games against Palace, Leicester, Stoke, Spurs and Swansea, and also played Norwich, Bournemouth too - won zero games against said teams.

3 clean sheets in 16 games - 27 conceded in that time too.

8 points off the relegation zone, 13 off of fourth, 18 points behind Leicester 'kin City.

Sold one of our secondary striking options for close to 10m and had not even a whiff of an incoming transfer rumour.

Out of the League Cup with a whimper, obviously bottle it in the FA Cup at some stage too.

- and all this with our "best squad in 25 years".

Time to go, Roberto. It's all on you.

Sickener to go out like that even though the result wasn't unexpected and it was always a big ask to go through.

Hope City smash the RS to smithereens in the final we concentrate properly on the league and get up the table a bit. Review everything at the end of the season barring a calamity between now and then. Gonna be hard to keep this team together though if not impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.