Managing Expectations and ‘That Lot’

Status
Not open for further replies.
My expectations were raised when we turned our relegation form into top 4 form at the end of last season. My expectations have since been lowered due to the transfer window. I feel we are weaker in midfield and defence, and that it will show over the course of the season.

A grade A moron whose verbosity does not hide his gormlessness.

Never in the field of football punditry have so many syllables been expelled for so little insight. It's almost uncanny, as if his entire punditry career has been a modern art project.

What a fool!

For me its about improving the performance.
At this stage its not about results and position.
Get them playing good football, with the right spirit, with the right mentality, and the result will come.

That's not to say Silva shouldn't be trying to win games,
his own performance should partly based on how he manages matches
as much as how he improves the play and mentality.

It'll take at least another couple of years to get the quality and balance of the squad up to where it needs to get.
but to blindly say Silva should be given the same amount of time come what may,
well that could just be writing another chapter of mediocrity, just a diff flavour.
but if he can get them playing good football, well you'll have to ban for the amount of gushing that will ensue.

Is it just me or are most people focusing on the wrong part of the quote in here?

Surely the point the OP was making was the final line about Liverpool. And he's probably right unfortunately.

I think the issue with them comes down to accepting that on the field they’re one of the best sides in Europe at the moment whilst simultaneously being able to laugh at their odious and embarrassing fan base and remembering their awful history. Some of the analysis that goes on regarding them on the pitch is really quite silly.

Also you only need to go into the world football forum on a match day when they play to see that yes, a lot of blues do care about them. The Barca semi final last year was a clear example of this. The mods should have posted the number for the Samaritans in the thread given the amount of people who seemed suicidal. Personally I choose not to watch, others seem to enjoy torturing themselves for reasons only they know.

Really though, we hate our closest rivals, it’s no big deal. If we make it to a cup final this year and win something, the reds William definitely be bothered. That’s football. However we can hate them whilst not letting it impact how Silva and our own team is judged. They are way ahead of us financially and commercially and this translates to a better financed squad. It’s not any surprise we finish below them and Silva shouldn’t be punished for these factors. We just need to see improvement from last year, that’s all.

Garth Crooks is a massive bell and hates Everton, never positive about us............ I`m not sure we will be breaking in to the top 6 on what weve seen so far. Goal Scoring looks like it could be a problem, seem ok at the back but the test will come if Keane or Mina pick up an injury and we test our strength in depth which isnt there ATM.

Garth Crooks is a massive bell and hates Everton, never positive about us............ I`m not sure we will be breaking in to the top 6 on what weve seen so far. Goal Scoring looks like it could be a problem, seem ok at the back but the test will come if Keane or Mina pick up an injury and we test our strength in depth which isnt there ATM.
I don't think he hates us. He is just a terrible pundit. I'm convinced he goes on these Micky mouse websites like [Publication is blacklisted due to spam], and copies stuff from there. Wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't name 5 players from each team outside of the top 5.

I don't think he hates us. He is just a terrible pundit. I'm convinced he goes on these Micky mouse websites like [Publication is blacklisted due to spam], and copies stuff from there. Wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't name 5 players from each team outside of the top 5.

He is the worst of the worst. Everyone knows that bulbs like Sutton and Savage play to a gallery, their bookings are a result of the persona, or character, they have created.

Crooks actually thinks he is an intelligent journalistic contributor.

His only legacy to the English game is being the subject of one of the funniest banners at Wembley back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.