Managers within our reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is relevant. I actually want someone who has a decent record. Not some unproven manager who is struggling to get 7th place.

And I was saying that most of Van Gaals success was in the 90's he won the Bundesliga with Bayern(00's), whoopy do, I probably could. He did win with AZ but so did McClaren, you want him.

LVG is a dinosaur, ask Utd fans.

I wonder if Arteta would be any good. It takes a massive leap of faith for an appointment like that and of course it's very risky but it's funny how some bigger clubs have done it with great success. If Real and Barcelona are brave enough then why not us?

It's easy to appoint a manager like that when you have the best academy the world has ever seen or infinite resources.

Imagine the pressure he'd be under straight away?

This is my point. Whether Silva deserves to stay or not is beside the point. It'd inevitably just end up in the same position anyway.

And I was saying that most of Van Gaals success was in the 90's he won the Bundesliga with Bayern(00's), whoopy do, I probably could. He did win with AZ but so did McClaren, you want him.

LVG is a dinosaur, ask Utd fans.

Same question who do you think we should get mate?

I wonder if Arteta would be any good. It takes a massive leap of faith for an appointment like that and of course it's very risky but it's funny how some bigger clubs have done it with great success. If Real and Barcelona are brave enough then why not us?

Real and Barcelona already have a base to work off though. Their idea of failure would be to not win everything in a season, you can easily recover from that if you sack somebody. If someone messes up with a club like ours it could spell disaster.

Same question who do you think we should get mate?

Its really difficult to answer, we are in such a mess. I would love a no nonsense guy like Simeone but he's onto bigger and better things probably. A top manager who isn't in a job, would they want to come, top managers generally don't build clubs, they assemble expensive teams over and over again, this job isn't for one of those.

It's also a bit too big for a new manager, we don't have patience for him to find his feet.

In honesty HK I have no idea, we are in such a mess, who can fix it, is it even fixable in its current state. I dunno, just hacked off with it all.

Then who do you think we should get mate?

I'd say someone like Bruno Genesio could be good. He's doing a great job at Lyon.

I've honestly not even thought about it though. For one, I want Silva to do well but really I just don't think anything would guarantee a change in direction anyway.

We have a massive rebuild on our hands as it is. Fed up of having to change manager every season as well.

Silva aint going anyway but if he was to go I reckon we would go completely left field with an appointment. Some random Dutch bloke who Brands knows well etc from like Willem II or something.

I'd swerve Dutch managers, their stock isn't very high at the moment, seems the world has moved on from total football.

Managers and DOF’s don’t work together.

It's semantics.

A manager is a manager in England. Abroad they're called 'Head Coaches'. It's not really a split between the roles anymore.

Silva is the manager of Everton. But if we played in Spain, he'd be a head coach. That's all it is.

Silva's supposedly - going off what all the players have said/say about him - an excellent coach.

It's not exactly working at the moment, is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.