Manager poll *second International break

Are you happy with Benitez being our manager so far?

• Yes

• No

• Cheese on Toast

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
….it’s well documented that I don’t think he should’ve been considered for the post after publicly belittling us & pandering to the Cult when he called us a ‘small club’. It’s not in the least because he managed the Reds, it’s what he said when managing the Reds.

We are a great club with a proud standing in the game. I believe we have values and that should have meant he wasn’t considered. I have never criticised him as a coach and I hope he does well but he shouldn’t be here in my opinion.

I do find it a little odd that a small number of posters have been immediately besotted with him. I have my doubts @Death would have started this evaluation thread had we got beaten yesterday.
To be honest Eggs I thought Benitez was having a go at the way Everton defended at Anfield, not to get beat was Moyes‘s intention in a league and cup game, both close together, although I was happy with both draws. At the time I thought it made Benitez look small and petty, just my take on it, same as United’s manager yesterday claiming United were the better team and should have won among other claims, he looked small with his ridiculous outpourings. It’s football, people make these outbursts right after the game and quite a lot regret opening their mouths the following day. I took Benitez’s “ small club “ claim with a pinch of salt. Every has their own opinion on different matters.

As there are a few heavy weight posters in the No column. I speculate that a majority of the Cheese on Toast are yes, but afraid to make big enemies they rammed that fence right up there between the cheeks.
Not necessarily, it's 7 games in and early days.
He might not be what we wanted, but, as the song says, but he might be what we need.

If the Manager and Team gell together...and they mostly have done so far, you'd have to be super churlish, not to give him and them some early credit.
But like I say its only 7
Not a magnificent 7, more a - not too bad and a bit better than some expected 7.

One Game At A Time.

My answer was no in the summer. My answer is no right now, and my answer in the future will also be signedsigned Liverpool players in the last no moans then .....RB is doing everybody so far!
Did anyone whinge when ex Liverpool players won us trophies ?
No whinging then - so far RB is doing a very good job in hard circumstances - to me he is just another Manager if he proves to be a successful one - I am personally not bothered on his past history as it's now & the future that matters ...
Do the moaners want another big name failure like Carlo, Koeman etc?

As of this moment, 168 members are happy with the Benitez appointment and results.

As of this moment, 14 members are unhappy with the Benitez appointment, but also not necessarily unhappy with the results.

Yet the conversation seems to be overwhelmingly dominated by the bitchy, whiny, cry-baby, "I'm Everton. You're Not Everton." loser class that just can't let go.

You all look pathetic. Move on. Evolve. Get a life.

Despite low expectations this is the most exciting team in years. And I expect better days to come.
Oh look

Not necessarily, it's 7 games in and early days.
He might not be what we wanted, but, as the song says, but he might be what we need.

If the Manager and Team gell together...and they mostly have done so far, you'd have to be super churlish, not to give him and them some early credit.
But like I say its only 7
Not a magnificent 7, more a - not too bad and a bit better than some expected 7.

One Game At A Time.
Best start in 30+ years

Bit better than expected...

Which one them are you afraid of degsy. I'll protect you.

One was from 2019? what about the here and now.
Yes mate, when he was appointed as per your initial quote.

Imagine ticking no this this haha I bet some of the thought Carlo was a good appointment

Wow, this got embarrassing reaaaaal quick. Have a good day chum, and please try harder as the crackpac are routing for you

….it’s well documented that I don’t think he should’ve been considered for the post after publicly belittling us & pandering to the Cult when he called us a ‘small club’. It’s not in the least because he managed the Reds, it’s what he said when managing the Reds.
You said it yourself, he was managing the reds, what do you want him to do, praise the blues? Football doesn't work like that, rivalry doesn't work like that. Your talking about a manager who takes pride in his work, in his club, NSNO

My main gripe on the Rodriguez fiasco is him not being truthful. Why not just say he's not my kind of player as he doesn't put in the level of effort i require from my players. Just be honest and i would have no problem with him getting rid of anybody if he explained it truthfully. To say he would only be available for 50% of the season but then play rondon who I'm fitter than just leaves a bad taste. I voted yes by the way so not in the camp of never accepting the guy, his small club comments are irrelevant to me a quip i rank alongside Moyes and his the peoples club. I was more bothered about the fact his last jobs have been less than successful plus going to China for a job in football smacks of retirement, but hey its been a good solid start.
Its been done to death.
Didn't you know: his debut at Al Sanddune is delayed again as he is injured again... So Benitez never 'lied' did he?

Rondon looks like 1995 Steve Bruce, I agree, but at least he is available, he gives everything & doesn't have a personal physician overruling the Everton club doctor. He's warming the bench against WHU, everybody knows that.

Btw Townsend one goal away from Rodriguez's tally

Status
Not open for further replies.