Match Thread Man City v Everton 23 May 2021 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing last season was the attitude that we didn't have time for a rebuild, and would just be able to slot in a few of Carlo's signings and expect to progress from there.

The fundamentals haven't changed since he arrived, we still need players with hunger and desire more than we need any physical or technical attributes, even though we need those too.

I want players here with their best years ahead of them, with something to prove to themselves and others, not looking for another payday.

10th. With a negative goal differential to boot. Humiliated by City in our "last gasp" game.

At one point we were sitting in 4th with a game in hand on everyone.

No progress. No development. And mostly, no identity. What is this team supposed to be?

Been trying to believe in Carlo for a while but constantly getting played off the pitch on our own ground by teams below us all season was a huge red flag as to his ability to still manage at this level.

I reckon he gets the summer transfer window and half a season. If no improvement, then "Ciao!"

Thought the coverage was just as appalling as the performances by our set of spineless cowards.

Missed most of the second half because Tyldesleys man gravy was covering my screen.
Yes that was very poor of sky, there’s not one media flat form that wants us to succeed. I feel Leicester are in that bracket to, they will be over the moon the same old lot are in the champions league.

To those who think we arent as bad as today. This is reality. We were in a totally false position up to recently due to other teams under performing. Liverpool, arsenal etc. But they have quality and were always going to pass us once they got their act together.

Carlo does not get a free pass from me. His tactics most of the time were horrible. Horrible to watch since November, december. Picking under performing players consistently. Coming out a number of times saying great team spirit only to come out a week later saying now good enough. Changing tactics to suit a horrible player like iwobi. A lot more but too long to list.
But he gets another season for me. His team needs to show more intensity on and off the ball for me. But he needs players capable . Most of the current bunch have proven they dont have the ability or mentality. Move em on.
You say Carlo dosn't get a free pass and then say that most of the players don't have the ability or mentality. Your second statement is the heart of the problem. We do not have enough players of top six standard. In fact we don't have enough players to fill the bench with options. No manager not even one of the best can work with such restrictions. The summer transfer window is Brands last chance saloon 'Carlos players'...Allan, and to a lesser extent James have contributed and lived up to the managers expectations but there are too many players that Carlo doesn't trust. Hence the negative tactics. DCL looked shattered today and its not surprising...our service to the front players is appalling. DCL has scored more goals from fewest chances than anyone in the league.Every other player in the leading goalscorers list has had twice as many chances as DCL. Our midfield needs to look forward, not backwards. We have passed the ball back or sideways more than any other team. One reason is that we have no runners forward apart from Richie and DCL. So we dwell on the ball in midfield and lose it, putting the defence under continual pressure. Over to you Carlo. I'm off here now for a few days until it calms down and the reasoned debate begins.

Status
Not open for further replies.