Match Thread Man City v Everton 23 May 2021 - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOTM has to be Pickford. He kept the score to single digits and denied Aguero the media's dream finish.
Bye bye season 2020/21.

....not a difficult one for me either. He’s finished the season quite well.

Massive gulf between the sides, we were competitive in the two games at home against them but it was always going to be a matter of how long we could hold out.

I know some thought it was a nothing game but you find out lots about individuals in nothing games. Very few came out with any credit but for others it underlines long standing concerns and opinion.

We didn't raise our game against the 'lower' teams when we had a real chance of getting into the Euro places, so did anyone really expect us to pull out all the stops and get a result on the last day of the season against the EPL Champions and one of the best teams in Europe? Deep down, we all knew how this game was going to end up.

Absolute donkey jizz.

Finishing 10th from 2nd on boxing day is a complete embarrassment. A pox on this season's efforts. There is very little to like about this side. Crap football. Low effort. Slow as a crippled snail. Bollocks to them.

After that showing from our brave lionhearts, I think we all need a bit of a pick-me-up and i would like Seamus to release a vid telling us how the team will be training really hard over summer to restore pride in our jersey. I also think an update on BMD is in order

For us ever since Moyes left it's been the same old, same old - just rinse and repeat. New manager does well initially before inevitably the Everton cycle of losers sets in - a new manager changes f all, said so when Silva was still here and still applies. I'll always want us do do well but recently it's been so easy to not care less how we do.
Perhaps it should have been Moyes instead of Carlo, it’s not what I wanted but moyes Wouldn’t have put up with a lot of the performances we have served up this season. ATM Carlos isn’t showing he’s any better than anyone else since moyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.