Lukaku's replacement ?

Go on then, who wouid you like ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's different yes, but that doesn't mean he couldn't adapt

There's examples of managers who have excelled at both, look at Beckenbauer and Ramsey for instance

Beckenbauer in fact went from winning the World Cup in 1990 with Germany to winning the French League with Marseille as well as winning the Bundesliga and a UEFA Cup with Bayern Munich

Have to say with the state of the Italian national team that Conte did a very good job at both International and club level also

Icardi is the one fellas.... that would be a statement of intent...

Is this Icardi inter milan's captain?
The same inter milan that have a shed load of dosh?
The same icardi that if he actually was even availible (he loves inter), CL clubs would be queing up around the block t oget hold of him

@BillLovesRoo lol yes that one

To be fair the second half of the sentance is spot on, it certainly would be

However i am sure Lukaku's replacement was identified at the end of last season and would imagine a lightning fast turnaround of rom out and said player in

Everybody could see Rom was leaving

We should really FIFA the situation in all honesty.

Put together decent bids for actually good strikers who might be available, Lacazette / Morata and the like and then see what the reponse is from there.

You just never know.

We should really FIFA the situation in all honesty.

Put together decent bids for actually good strikers who might be available, Lacazette / Morata and the like and then see what the reponse is from there.

You just never know.
How do you know exactly that we haven't?

FFS Moshiri/Walsh, why aren't you telling us all of this inside information that we shouldn't really know in the first place?!

How do you know exactly that we haven't?

FFS Moshiri/Walsh, why aren't you telling us all of this inside information that we shouldn't really know in the first place?!
haha i can guarantee you we haven't because that would be a very silly way of actually doing business.

I just mean it light hearted because generally when playing fifa you throw bids in to several players in a position and see which club will listen to the offer. Considering how many great strikers who could be available or would have clubs open to offers, it is worth a shot at doing in the fantistical sense, if you follow me.

Might end up with Morata being happy to come here and before we know it we have a really good striker come in as a replacement for example. Generally though i am not being too serious about that!

haha i can guarantee you we haven't because that would be a very silly way of actually doing business.

I just mean it light hearted because generally when playing fifa you throw bids in to several players in a position and see which club will listen to the offer. Considering how many great strikers who could be available or would have clubs open to offers, it is worth a shot at doing in the fantistical sense, if you follow me.

Might end up with Morata being happy to come here and before we know it we have a really good striker come in as a replacement for example. Generally though i am not being too serious about that!
An enquiry for a transfer isn't exactly silly, it's just how things are done. But not every question the club poses to other clubs is public knowledge, as it should be.

But yeah, I'm aware of what you meant, it's just that people assume we're not doing anything because no announcements, how do same people know we haven't bid for/approached other clubs regarding player X.

Is this Icardi inter milan's captain?
The same inter milan that have a shed load of dosh?
The same icardi that if he actually was even availible (he loves inter), CL clubs would be queing up around the block t oget hold of him

The same Icardi who won't be playing European football next year
The same Icardi who regularly argues with the Inter ultras and has received death threats
The Same Icardi who may want to test himself in another league
The Same Icardi whose current club don't have 'shed loads of dosh'
The Same Icardi whose club hasn't won a trophy since 2012

It's an ambitious move but not an impossible one.

@BillLovesRoo lol yes that one

To be fair the second half of the sentance is spot on, it certainly would be

However i am sure Lukaku's replacement was identified at the end of last season and would imagine a lightning fast turnaround of rom out and said player in

Everybody could see Rom was leaving

Your trust that we have a plan for such an event is nice. I just dont trust that board to have this sort of pro active strategy

The same Icardi who won't be playing European football next year
The same Icardi who regularly argues with the Inter ultras and has received death threats
The Same Icardi who may want to test himself in another league
The Same Icardi whose current club don't have 'shed loads of dosh'
The Same Icardi whose club hasn't won a trophy since 2012

It's an ambitious move but not an impossible one.

Rumoured £99million release clause though? Then what would be astronomical wages for us? As soon as we activated that release clause, plenty of European heavyweights would be swooping in to pluck him from our grubby paws. We wouldn't activate the release clause anyway though, we both know that.

An enquiry for a transfer isn't exactly silly, it's just how things are done. But not every question the club poses to other clubs is public knowledge, as it should be.

But yeah, I'm aware of what you meant, it's just that people assume we're not doing anything because no announcements, how do same people know we haven't bid for/approached other clubs regarding player X.
I do agree with the general opinion that the club knew he was leaving long before now. The way he has come out and said what he has said means the club knew first hand, perhaps as suggested an agreement from last summer which makes a lot of sense ala Suarez from them lot before he moved.

I do hold a concern about who we will actually bring in, i hope however for 3 strikers. If i had to pick right now, Rooney (experienced) Sandro (rookie and runner) Batshuayi (as a kinda rom replacement) . that would be a total of what, 30 million? 35 if we gave chelsea their money back on Batshuayi, and we then have 3 strikers who can offer something different.

But again head settled in fantast football with that.

I do agree with the general opinion that the club knew he was leaving long before now. The way he has come out and said what he has said means the club knew first hand, perhaps as suggested an agreement from last summer which makes a lot of sense ala Suarez from them lot before he moved.

I do hold a concern about who we will actually bring in, i hope however for 3 strikers. If i had to pick right now, Rooney (experienced) Sandro (rookie and runner) Batshuayi (as a kinda rom replacement) . that would be a total of what, 30 million? 35 if we gave chelsea their money back on Batshuayi, and we then have 3 strikers who can offer something different.

But again head settled in fantast football with that.
I'd say more in the 30-50 region but I'd agree and it's doable really. A bit fantasy but not impossible "sell everyone, bid for Messi" kind of fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.