Lukaku's replacement ?

Go on then, who wouid you like ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It baffles me why you think purely money, in a time where every club can offer loads, is going to tempt a player.

Morata can get more at United etc. than us for an example. Even if we offer say £20k more p/week he still wouldn't pick us.
I know he isn't going to choose us over Man Utd, but I want us to at least show the ambition to go after these players.

We're roughly 18 months into what could be a multiple year project

Right now we're seventh and we can't offer any more money than the six teams already ahead of us, so naturally the top players will want to go to them over us at this stage

Back when City had their take over, probably the only other club that could match hem financially were Chelsea. Now with the TV deal, everyone has money. Bournemouth are spending millions and offering players like Defoe big contracts FFS, let alone the top sides

Having money is not enough for the best players, they want to win stuff and play in the Champions League and, rightly or wrongly, we live in a "now, now, now!!!" culture, which means that a lot of these top players want to walk into an already successful side rather than getting on board with a project and grafting

Back when City got minted, if you wanted huge money then it was Chelsea, Bayern, Real Madrid or City. Those were your options. These days you can get a decent wedge from so many more teams, so of course those top players are naturally going to be much pickier

So that leaves us with the players who aren't quite at that top level but will be prepared to knuckle down and do the hard graft which is required to get us out of the "best of the rest" bracket and in amongst the actual top teams

People thinking we can just spend money and be right up there are sadly only going to be disappointed. This is going to take time and there's going to be plenty of frustration along the way. The conditions which allowed City to do what they did no longer exist, which means we're going to have go about this differently

A better team to model ourselves off is Tottenham, who have been gradually climbing the ladder over a 5-7 year period, which numerous ups and downs along the way. But now they have a great team, with a new stadium and they're genuine title contenders. That's what we're going to have to try to emulate, because we sadly can't Chelsea or City this. More's the pity

Mikey with the excellent post.

Another thing to note is Spurs have one of the best managers in world football, and the perfect manager for a 'project'. I rate Koeman but he's not on Poch's level - and I don't think he's expected to be. Koeman is here to steady the ship and set the foundations. Steady improvement over the next couple seasons but I expect the major excitement is earmarked to coincide with the new stadium move.

It doesn't sound good if they don't follow through on it, which they haven't.

The fans are the ones who have been fed all this bollocks, and I think it is now about time we hold the board accountable for it.

What are we holding them accountable for exactly?

They've sorted out new and more lucrative sponsership deals, they've done up Goodison and are making progress on the new stadium and they've cleared all our debts

Do we judge boards on just transfer dealings this days?

Mikey with the excellent post.

Another thing to note is Spurs have one of the best managers in world football, and the perfect manager for a 'project'. I rate Koeman but he's not on Poch's level - and I don't think he's expected to be. Koeman is here to steady the ship and set the foundations. Steady improvement over the next couple seasons but I expect the major excitement is earmarked to coincide with the new stadium move.

Exactly

Koeman isn't reknowned for spending long periods at clubs, and we knew that going in

He's here to steady the ship and set in place a sturdy foundation for his successor (Hopefully Joagie Loew) to kick on with

Exactly

Koeman isn't reknowned for spending long periods at clubs, and we knew that going in

He's here to steady the ship and set in place a sturdy foundation for his successor (Hopefully Joagie Loew) to kick on with

Off-topic but have to ask why you think Loew would be any good managing a club team? Minor success in the 90's in Germany and Austria.

What are we holding them accountable for exactly?

They've sorted out new and more lucrative sponsership deals, they've done up Goodison and are making progress on the new stadium and they've cleared all our debts

Do we judge boards on just transfer dealings this days?
Transfer dealings are what improves clubs. How can we expect to overtake the clubs above us if we are selling off our best assets?

Moshiri came in and said that we've got the young core of: Stones, Barkley and Lukaku to build around, ALL of them will not be there next season.

You could argue that the improvement in sponsorship deals (which still isn't good enough) is merely the club hanging onto the improvement of the Premier League brand as a whole.

Bill and Bob hardly have the best record when it comes to lucrative deals, do they?

Please inform our chairman then.

He said we can get any player who we want, as long as they want to come to us.

Let's put that to the test.

Also, I keep asking this and I'm yet to have a reply, why did they say that '#nothingwillbethesameagain'?
What is the point of you asking a question if you answer it yourself?

We might well be interested in the Mata's of the world, make enquiries, talk to agents/players, but when they don't want to come to us - they don't.

And because we've actually managed to secure a stadium thingy, y'know, as well as have no debt, small things like that.

Oh and warning for me incoming, but here goes:
ALSO FOR SWEET FECK'S SAKE IT'S STILL JUNE, WINDOW'S NOT OPEN FFS

Off-topic but have to ask why you think Loew would be any good managing a club team? Minor success in the 90's in Germany and Austria.

As you say, that was the 90's. He's had many years of experience since then, and he's shown with the German national side that he can successfully oversee a project

To me, he's perfect

He's won the biggest trophy in football, so the fans who want a proven winner will be happy

His German team is renowned for playing good technical football, which will please that section of the fan base

He's known for giving youth a chance, which will please that section of the support

He's a big name who should be able to attract players

He has impeccable knowledge of German football, so if there's class young players in that League then he's the best man to point them out to Walsh

It shows Everton are serious as we'll have brought in a World Cup winner to manage us. Come on, how boss would that be? No matter what any other teams supporters say we can follow it with, "Yes lad, but our manager won the World Cup. How many World Cups has your gaffer won?"

Exactly

Rather have Tuchel myself mate, IF he decides to have a break and Koeman wants to move next summer etc - perfect replacement.

As you say, that was the 90's. He's had many years of experience since then, and he's shown with the German national side that he can successfully oversee a project

To me, he's perfect

He's won the biggest trophy in football, so the fans who want a proven winner will be happy

His German team is renowned for playing good technical football, which will please that section of the fan base

He's known for giving youth a chance, which will please that section of the support

He's a big name who should be able to attract players

He has impeccable knowledge of German football, so if there's class young players in that League then he's the best man to spot them and bring them in

Is international football not world's away from club?

Oh and Benteke for Lukaku.

Is international football not world's away from club?

Oh and Benteke for Lukaku.

It's different yes, but that doesn't mean he couldn't adapt

There's examples of managers who have excelled at both, look at Beckenbauer and Ramsey for instance

Beckenbauer in fact went from winning the World Cup in 1990 with Germany to winning the French League with Marseille as well as winning the Bundesliga and a UEFA Cup with Bayern Munich

Status
Not open for further replies.