Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 in 8 now. Over the course of a season that's 15 if he scores at the same rate. Then you factor in he's been injured, unfit, and had Barkley and Mirallas missing playing in a poor team. If we get everyone back and in top form he'll hit 20 with ease. The lad is a goalscorer and that's what we paid our money for. Most seasons we've had strikers struggling to gst into double figures.

Utterly confused by this statement. Barkley had ZERO assists last season and Osman had three so unsure how Barkley's thru balls are doing so much damage.
When building up one player and slating another try to use facts rather than opinion
Mirallas created more goals than anyone and is far more important than Barkley for setting up Lukaku
Just call me mystic meg.

Best game Lukaku has played this season by a distance.

Lots of stuff he did in the first half went unnoticed but was really good. Was constantly offering himself short or trying to run in behind (rarely being picked out), but his hold-up play was also much better and he did a couple of really intelligent bits of play around the bos, like a dummy which gave Osman a chance etc.

2nd half he got even better after his goal, but I think after all the (deserved, to a point) stick he's had this season he deserves some credit for Saturday. I was really impressed with him, but then nobody had a bad game.

His target for me is 20 goals in all competitions, 15 in the league.

Hopefully he can go on a little run of goals now, as he is wont to do.

Villa players backed off every time he got the ball and he took it past them with ease. He won't be afforded as much time in games to turn with it as often as he did but it was very positive and Barkley's presence around him obviously had an effect. He needs to keep it up now :)

It's a lot easier to kick Barkley than it is Lukaku. Villa flopped Ross time after time. He and us will have to get used to it, because at the moment I can't see many getting near him when he has that drive and determination. Barnes could do it, and did on the wing, Gascoigne could do it through the centre.

I'm not lucky enough to remember the record setting side in the mid 80's, I associate watching us now to the build up then, so much talent that no one else has. Coleman, Baines, Barkley and Stones. Lukaku steps up his rehab, McCarthy gets to lst seasons very high level and we are 6/11's there. So so much to admire about us at full strength.
WHY NOT INCLUDE MIRALLAS JAGS AND STEVE P. TOP PLAYERS WHEN AT THEIR BEST

Ross has this presence that instantly draws 2-3 players to him every time he's on the ball, this leaves space for the likes of Rom, Mirallas and co to exploit. With Ross back i can see Rom slotting a fair few.

Villa players backed off every time he got the ball and he took it past them with ease. He won't be afforded as much time in games to turn with it as often as he did but it was very positive and Barkley's presence around him obviously had an effect. He needs to keep it up now :)

Barkley being in the side just makes him a better player - not only do they have a great understanding - Barkley is able to pick the passes that Big Rom thrives on - balls in between the centre half and fullback, giving him some space and the chance to turn and run.

Thought that after he scored, he looked like the Rom of last season - be interesting to see if he starts Thursday, as Bobby may prefer to start Eto'o in the Euro games - either way, he'll bag 15-20 goals every season

Barkley being in the side just makes him a better player - not only do they have a great understanding - Barkley is able to pick the passes that Big Rom thrives on - balls in between the centre half and fullback, giving him some space and the chance to turn and run.

Thought that after he scored, he looked like the Rom of last season - be interesting to see if he starts Thursday, as Bobby may prefer to start Eto'o in the Euro games - either way, he'll bag 15-20 goals every season

Start them both, for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.