Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/19/everton-aston-villa-ross-barkley-match-report

Romelu Lukaku, himself showing signs of returning to full effectiveness after a low-key start to the season, believes the more games Barkley plays the better. “Ross is like a friend and a brother too me off the pitch and I am very happy that he is back on it because he brings something that the whole team needs,” the Belgian striker explained. “He is the perfect partner for me to play with, he affected the game a lot. There are loads of other players who can help me, but Ross has that special something no one else has. He is the best player in our team and he will be somebody that the England team will rely on. At the moment they rely on Wayne Rooney, but I think it will be Ross in the future.”

It's a lot easier to kick Barkley than it is Lukaku. Villa flopped Ross time after time. He and us will have to get used to it, because at the moment I can't see many getting near him when he has that drive and determination. Barnes could do it, and did on the wing, Gascoigne could do it through the centre.

I'm not lucky enough to remember the record setting side in the mid 80's, I associate watching us now to the build up then, so much talent that no one else has. Coleman, Baines, Barkley and Stones. Lukaku steps up his rehab, McCarthy gets to lst seasons very high level and we are 6/11's there. So so much to admire about us at full strength.

I think the sight of Ciaran Clark coming off the bench gave Lukaku a real boost.

Hopefully he'll get a bit of momentum going now that Barkley is back.

The lad is a beast,, Rom will terrify any defence, he justs needs to believe this himself and he could be the best slotter since his hero, but without the diving...

Status
Not open for further replies.