Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Rom was good. Lost the ball 3 or 4 times but had some great touches, vision, passing and build up play and he scored.
I don't get the reasoning in slagging him off when others had games that weren't as great, or when other made similar mistakes to him.
All that does is create a scapegoat of him, and I'm sick of reading negative bile and bollocks about him which quite quickly becomes unreasonable.
It either is "he's lazy", "he's crap", "he doesn't have the touch required to be a professional footballer", ad infinitum to the point of it just becoming silly, and infantile. Simply that is not the case. The 21 year old kid cost up to 28 million when the full amount of add ons is included, has scored 3 in 8 in the league despite playing poorly and through a knock, has an incredible goal scoring record in the league despite his tender age, has pace and power and finishing to match, but is by no means the finished product. We know that.
We know that his touch is an area of weakness, something that he and the coaches are actively working on to improve. And the consistency of his touch has improved in the short space between the end of last season and now. We know that he needs to use his strength and build more. That will come with age and experience. Was Drogba the finished product by 21? or Benteke?
He's the best striker we've had in many years and he will continue to improve.

Constructive criticism is good.
Mindless bagging of a player and scapegoating is infantile.

Last edited:
I thought he was pretty good today. He looked alright in the first half but after he got his goal he really brightened up. Also I think this was the first time I've seen Baines pick out him so often in a match over passing to anyone else. I feel that was definitely a strategic choice and it worked, it got Lukaku and Baines involved.

Like others have said Barkley was the difference for Lukaku today. Ross is the only player that will take the ball and run forward WITH Lukaku and we know Lukaku's biggest threat is when he is running towards goal. It's just slight differences in play like that turn Lukaku from a decent striker to a terrifying one. Bukake might be our new Bainaar ;)

giphy.gif

Thank you for your vote BLf s mate.

I thought he was pretty good today. He looked alright in the first half but after he got his goal he really brightened up. Also I think this was the first time I've seen Baines pick out him so often in a match over passing to anyone else. I feel that was definitely a strategic choice and it worked, it got Lukaku and Baines involved.

Like others have said Barkley was the difference for Lukaku today. Ross is the only player that will take the ball and run forward WITH Lukaku and we know Lukaku's biggest threat is when he is running towards goal. It's just slight differences in play like that turn Lukaku from a decent striker to a terrifying one. Bukake might be our new Bainaar ;)
I always think Bukake as buttcake :( need a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.