Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its any consolation with you @KevMirallas I agree with you. Hold up play more consistently better, makes good runs and has created space well for Naismith. Unlucky not to score on the weekend.

I'd be genuinely interested if there's something glaringly wrong with his play that's only evident at the ground, but for a bloke who is't fit I would have thought he's doing a good job.

I would seriously drop him and give him the last 15 minutes against a tired defence, maybe that will get him going.

As a footballer he is way off where he needs to be in order to maximise his strengths as a finisher. His touch, movement, and awareness are not good enough and he needs to be trained intensively. As a lone striker he is just too easy to mark with his back to goal.

Eto in 10 minutes showed more guile, touch and class than I have seen from Rom. Its vital he does well as no one will touch him and we will be left with a £28m version of Jelavic.

This broken toe only seemed to be an issue when he has gone 80 odds minutes of being bang average. The goal he created against Arsenal wasn't far from being a disaster, 25 yards from goal he got the ball under his feet, lost momentum and had to pass.

Desperately need him to find his form.

5 seasons everyone.
Yes he's not scoring at the moment, but I think we all know that by the end of the season he'll have scored a bucketload.
And so long as we're scoring freely (we are) I couldn't be bothered.
Defence is the issue.

I think he gets plenty of support. He just needs to start delivering the goods, in all honesty if he had Kone and number 9 on the back of his shirt he would be getting ripped apart by now.
you may be right.........the thing that bothers me about the whole situation is what kind of holiday had him an mirallas been on after the world cup, it seems too much time off or jaded to feck due to amount of games.

Speaking of Kone he needs to get fit and score 18 goals or be dragged out an shot as he is obvs in too much pain to go on living. (one or the other ;) )

you may be right.........the thing that bothers me about the whole situation is what kind of holiday had him an mirallas been on after the world cup, it seems too much time off or jaded to feck due to amount of games.

Speaking of Kone he needs to get fit and score 18 goals or be dragged out an shot as he is obvs in too much pain to go on living. (one or the other ;) )

Never have I seen a player younger than 25 lack so much natural fitness. At WBA he was an impact sub, for us he had take way too long to get fit enough to start, at 70 minutes plus he ran around like he was pulling a trailer. In the WC the only decent game he had was being brought on against an exhausted USA defence.

I just think people got carried away with his 1 in 2 ratio and forgot the many games where he played like he did against Chelsea. A bit worried about this one.

Think being a bit hard on Rom, okay footwork could be better but he is learning. One point though his presence up there meant they ahd to have defenders keeping their eyes on him so he was a distracting influence.

Never have I seen a player younger than 25 lack so much natural fitness. At WBA he was an impact sub, for us he had take way too long to get fit enough to start, at 70 minutes plus he ran around like he was pulling a trailer. In the WC the only decent game he had was being brought on against an exhausted USA defence.

I just think people got carried away with his 1 in 2 ratio and forgot the many games where he played like he did against Chelsea. A bit worried about this one.

Wouldn't the fact he played as sub for so many games make his 1 in 2 scoring record even more impressive?

Status
Not open for further replies.