Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never have I seen a player younger than 25 lack so much natural fitness. At WBA he was an impact sub, for us he had take way too long to get fit enough to start, at 70 minutes plus he ran around like he was pulling a trailer. In the WC the only decent game he had was being brought on against an exhausted USA defence.

I just think people got carried away with his 1 in 2 ratio and forgot the many games where he played like he did against Chelsea. A bit worried about this one.

Did you ever watch Anichebe play?

Wouldn't the fact he played as sub for so many games make his 1 in 2 scoring record even more impressive?

Not really no, its easier for a well equipped finisher to score against tired legs. Give them a level pegging with the defenders where they tire at the same rate and I think you will find they struggle to make the same impact late on.

Come on mate.

I'm serious. I played as a striker at a decent enough level and when I was carrying a knock and came on with 20 minutes to go it was so much easier to score, I was just so much quicker and had more energy than the defenders. Psychologically you could destroy them.

I said all along, Rom is a tremendous option from the bench, not at £28m though.

I'm serious. I played as a striker at a decent enough level and when I was carrying a knock and came on with 20 minutes to go it was so much easier to score, I was just so much quicker and had more energy than the defenders. Psychologically you could destroy them.

I said all along, Rom is a tremendous option from the bench, not at £28m though.

I also played centre forward for years and scored a lot more goals when starting than as sub.

And this is professional athletes were talking about. They don't tire like us cloggers at the end.

Its OK to admit you were wrong on the internet lid.

I also played centre forward for years and scored a lot more goals when starting than as sub.

And this is professional athletes were talking about. They don't tire like us cloggers at the end.

Its OK to admit you were wrong on the internet lid.

Its my opinion, it can't be wrong. It depends on the type of player you are, if you are a penalty box fox then yeah more game time the better.

Its my opinion, it can't be wrong. It depends on the type of player you are, if you are a penalty box fox then yeah more game time the better.
Arguing that a striker is more likely to score more goals as a sub than starting is a bit silly though pal. Not wanting to argue like, just seeking some reasonability.

And of course an opinion can be very wrong, come on.

Think being a bit hard on Rom, okay footwork could be better but he is learning. One point though his presence up there meant they ahd to have defenders keeping their eyes on him so he was a distracting influence.

A 28 million pound distraction, worth every penny

Status
Not open for further replies.