Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a difficult one because the better he does, the more difficult it will be to keep him. Possibly best to try and do a deal now whilst he's in the middle of goal drought.

If he suddenly starts firing again and banging in goals for fun it could well add a few more million on to Chelsea's asking price.

Well Chelsea heavily linked with Diego Costa from athletico Madrid in the papers today. Really don't think Jose fancies lukaku. As with regard to his form, when Barkley and piennar get back in the team so will the supply line to lukaku.

I don't really know why, he has the potential to become another Drogba. Only thing i can think of is that Jose is pants at developing young players and CBA to bring Rom along.

So he sells to us now and buys him back in 4 years for £65 million, although the sell-on clause in the deal this summer will halve our profit.

Martinez was on SSN before saying he would be looking to make lukaku a permanent signing if he was available in the summer, their must deffo be something in the pipeline with luka

Martinez was on SSN before saying he would be looking to make lukaku a permanent signing if he was available in the summer, their must deffo be something in the pipeline with luka
Agreed. Greg O Keefe has been saying that the lack of spending the money from Martinez is a "strategy" having spoken to him and he has a plan.

I think there's definitely the target there to make his move permanent.

I'd be supportive of the lack of spending in this window if that is the case. Yes we have a chance of top 4 and I get the argument that we should spend now and go for it.

But even if we strengthened now, there is still no guarantee that that would take us in to the top 4.

If we gambled now on signing a couple of good, if not top quality players which then cost us the chance to sign Lukaku permanently in the summer, then that would be disappointing imo.

It's an awkward one for sure.

Agreed. Greg O Keefe has been saying that the lack of spending the money from Martinez is a "strategy" having spoken to him and he has a plan.

I think there's definitely the target there to make his move permanent.

I'd be supportive of the lack of spending in this window if that is the case. Yes we have a chance of top 4 and I get the argument that we should spend now and go for it.

But even if we strengthened now, there is still no guarantee that that would take us in to the top 4.

If we gambled now on signing a couple of good, if not top quality players which then cost us the chance to sign Lukaku permanently in the summer, then that would be disappointing imo.

It's an awkward one for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.