Homepage Update: Lukaku Agent: “Something’s changed at Everton”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't say I follow there coming's and goings a great deal, but have PSG signed anyone to replace Zlatan yet? They seem the only real possibility to me. Juve can't afford him, which means no Italian club can. Real and Barca won't want him, and they're the only clubs in Spain that could afford him. Bayern wouldn't want him. City have Aguero so can't see him going there. Spurs wouldn't want/afford him, and Arsenal don't have a track record of splurging that kind of cash.

All of which leaves PSG or slithering back to either a club that didn't want him or a manager that didn't want him.
Bayern don't pay those kind of fees anyway. Realistically there's only about 6 clubs in the world that could afford his price. Would look a bit daft going to Chelsea or Utd now considering how much he's been banging on about wanting to play CL football. Which leaves PSG as pretty much the only option.

The more I look at it the more I think if PSG swerve then he's going nowhere.

What is it with everyone using people initials, not hard to type a name/nickname, saves confusion for people new to conversations

At the very least, Raiola is hedging his bets, using words that are both true and flattering to describe what's happening at Everton, and so paving the way for Lukaku to stay without either losing face or alienating the fans.
Of course, Raiola might be getting the sense that no-one wants to pay our asking price, but it suggests also that the perception of Everton in the football world is changing. "Everton don't need the money" - so can afford to take a tough stance because they're no longer carrion for vultures circling. And if they're now loaded, it will serve an agent well to stay on their right side. If we're being buttered up by a top agent, it can only mean good things.
For all his faults, I want Lukaku to stay, for all sorts of reasons. Same with Stones. What I'd also like us to do is buy a top centre half and centre forward to put pressure on them. It seems we no longer have to bend over backwards with players in the hope they'll keep liking us, tolerating poor form and attitude because we're afraid of upsetting them. Now they have to prove themselves to us, and keep proving it. The dynamic has shifted, more Remain rather than Legsit.

One thing I'm not getting, though... Didn't we know about about Everton's changes way before this? What took Rom's agent this long to recognize that? Perhaps he wasn't convinced that Moshiri was going to get the job done?

Additionally to all that, maybe Riola who obviously will have contact with other agents is starting to hear things regarding the quality of player we are after, the fees we are willing to pay and the type of wages we are suggesting to agents and has had a serious rethinking about the club and its propsects

Bayern don't pay those kind of fees anyway. Realistically there's only about 6 clubs in the world that could afford his price. Would look a bit daft going to Chelsea or Utd now considering how much he's been banging on about wanting to play CL football. Which leaves PSG as pretty much the only option.

The more I look at it the more I think if PSG swerve then he's going nowhere.

I do kinda wonder if he won't be priced out of even a move to PSG. If they bought him for the fee we want, it would break their transfer record quite comfortably (by around €20m). Would they want to spend that kind of money on someone who isn't the finished article yet, especially as they're looking to replace someone who got 50 goals last season.

Given that he'd be the 5th most expensive player ever, I'm just not sure they wouldn't be looking for someone more established in the game than Rom is. For all his undoubted potential, his international record is pretty modest, and he has no CL pedigree to speak of (and we all know about his first touch). For me he's still a work in progress in the same way that Stones and Barkley are.

Shows weve put an offer down for contract extension + i think weve approached him for another of his top players.

All negotiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.