2019/20 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin Samuel in talking sense shocker!

“It’s almost as if Mike Dean craved attention without fans inside Goodison Park on Sunday! Some things never change - like booking Lucas Digne for the best tackle of the game”!

Even Carragher and Neville both said what a good tackle it was - however the ref whose two kids are season ticket holders across Stanley Park shows a yellow card!:rant::rant::rant:

Good on him, he has a wand of a left foot And that’s a terrific weapon in our arsenal but he needs to be smarter with his defending. So often he commits when he should’ve shown a player some space and vice versa. Doesn’t mean I want him gone or anything I just don’t think he’s as good as we try to make out

I think the narrative that he isn't playing well is pretty overblown. Maybe he isn't a huge difference maker but not many fullbacks are nowadays. It is mostly a position that just has to function within whatever system the manager chooses and he is doing that.

Still is easily our best player imo. It’s been so easy to throw our defenders under the bus, but the reality is they were drastically affected by the departure of a certain Gana Gueye. Fix the center of midfield and it will go a long way in fixing most of our issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.