2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a player, proper class. He is a much better all round player than Baines ever was, sorry but its trus.
Why is it people can't admire both?! Baines was easily our best players a few years ago. Not his fault we kept giving him new contracts while not signing a back up. Baines has been , along with Cahill my favorite Everton players of recent times. Should he still be our #1 LB ...of course not but it's pretty crass to run down his previous contribution. Digne looks to be a tremendous player. If he surpasses Baines at his best ....he'll be a legend ! I hope he does !

He he he, a few rattled here now.

Baines has always been average at best at defending, Digne is a much better defender.

Why is it people can't admire both?! Baines was easily our best players a few years ago. Not his fault we kept giving him new contracts while not signing a back up. Baines has been , along with Cahill my favorite Everton players of recent times. Should he still be our #1 LB ...of course not but it's pretty crass to run down his previous contribution. Digne looks to be a tremendous player. If he surpasses Baines at his best ....he'll be a legend ! I hope he does !

Alright Leighton lad!!

I didnt have a pop a Baines, im just saying this lad we have now who played for Barca and PSG, is a better allround player than Baines.

to be fair to pabbers, baines was never a great defender he was just boss going forward, digne IS a better defender than baines ever was ( not saying he's a better player like time will tell )

I agree with this. As good as Baines was going forward and linking with pienaar he was always guilty of standing off wingers and allowing crosses to come in.

to be fair to pabbers, baines was never a great defender he was just boss going forward, digne IS a better defender than baines ever was ( not saying he's a better player like time will tell )

I think he will be a far better player. I think he already is to be honest.

The club has to move on. Baines was a great player for the club, but now too old. We have a much young LB who looks very good and should be 1st choice fro many a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.