2018/19 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been great, but in January we need to see Digne get a back up LB to push him and keep him competitive for his position. It'd be nice to have a situation where we're like Spurs and have great competition at both FB positions. That's been a real strength of theirs over the last few seasons.

He's been great, but in January we need to see Digne get a back up LB to push him and keep him competitive for his position. It'd be nice to have a situation where we're like Spurs and have great competition at both FB positions. That's been a real strength of theirs over the last few seasons.

i agree, but i assume we will have to go for a young player? problem with full backs is they generally cant play anywhere else, so difficult to keep a good player happy if they are going to get very little game time...

I agree but I think they'll wait until the summer for that when Baine's contract expires.

Can't see us doing anything in January unless a really good striker becomes available and is too good to ignore.

I’m with the he’s a better all round player than Baines.

Baines let himself down defensively quite a bit but was just extraordinary going forward.

It’s a fair shout imo. I mean, this lad has played for France, Roma, PSG and Barcelona.

I’m with the he’s a better all round player than Baines.

Baines let himself down defensively quite a bit but was just extraordinary going forward.

It’s a fair shout imo. I mean, this lad has played for France, Roma, PSG and Barcelona.

i agree, baines is [Poor language removed] always has been. tired slow cant defend or attack. possibly worst signing ever. glad we have moved on

Wonder if young Robinson will be that player?

Digne is a more rounded left back but not sure he can be classed as better. Even if he has a very good 5-6 years it will be difficult to compare them. Why can't we just be pleased we had peak Baines who for a time was best attacking left back in the league who we have now replaced with Digne who offers slightly less going forward but will improve our defence. I agree we need someone else as cover after this season but Baines is fine for now.

Baines was incredible for us going forward for a good length of time.
Digne has a bit to prove there yet.
But as long as he doesn't run underneath a cross to leave an easy finish he'll do for me for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.