Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
kicking it in the general direction of the opposition goal would be a start

but i agree with you. we're rubbish. handful of games left. love to know what Franks reason for not using Rondon more is, or why Tosun is overlooked, or why Dele is a end-of-game sub. we need goals. they're not great, but we have to go for it.

the writing is on the wall, and everyone at the club seems to have their head in the sand. today needs to be a wake up call to the manager and players we're right in the sh!t.

Tbf chances are limited at Anfield but we had 3 good chances today.

Gordon scuffed his shot, Iwobi couldn’t get his shot off and then the Dele chance.

I agree I’d rather we play a striker, I think Dele has to play the next match, Gray has done nothing since the Arsenal game

Play like that for the rest of the matches and we stay up, no danger. My fear is against the likes of Brentford and Watford we just don't do it.
Story of our season.

Been a few different examples of these sorts of performances and grit that just went nowhere.

The Leeds game comes to mind. We pressed them for 90 minutes and it worked beautifully. We then went to palace and didn't press at all and stood off them.

We are at the point now where it's clear lampard can't get a system going that works two games in a row. Whether he is changing it game by game or the players aren't following it as much , we are playing quite reactionary each week.

It only works if the tactics end up with 3 points though. So we have no idea how we will play against Chelsea , or Watford , or arsenal etc.

Should have had 2 clear reds.

Im not sure whats going on with the referees this season against us.

City + the reds weve had...etc

Doesnt feel right to me.
I don't think it's so much a conspiracy to send us down as it is a very clear goal from the Premier League to have a two-horse title race as long as possible for the media / TV hype. We've just had the very unfortunate luck to find ourselves in the middle of it against the two teams involved in said title race.

And our club at the top is much too spineless to say or do anything about it, so everyone just ignores it and carries on.

Even if we are in the game, leading or holding them which seems unlikely, after shippmannns usual cryarsing about our “physical” game (we’re the biggest bunch of shitbags in the league btw, but that doesn’t seem to bother his moaning!) means that the ref and var will play a massive part in the result and this so called title race, by booking or sending off Everton prayers probably for very little, whilst the loveables will be able to foul and kick our players with impunity - they have to keep the telly clappers happy.
Just quoting myself from the rs thread - hate that i knew what was going to happen with the ref and var, the fouls and non-pen.

Worse than wrestling now, just too corrupt - gotta have a title race for the telly clappers.

Carragher should be sacked for his choice of Motm alone, the absolute prick.

My nephew was at the game. He is now at the hospital with his mate who got badly injured after a Liverpool fan threw a bottle at him.
I’m paying for now tv after sky did away with the apple deal which was a bargain. I’ll keep it going for a bit longer just for my support of Everton. I wish Apple or Amazon would really go for getting the football rights from Sky, there is BT sports but we have to put up with Chris Sutton on there ?

Let’s be clear though, with VAR there just should not still be so many discussions about incorrect decisions, the standard of officiating is far worse than our football.

Football is utterly corrupt to its core and it seems to be getting worse year on year.
Probably true, but all clubs will say the same.

Whoever narrowly misses out on the title or on Europe will point to moments where decisions have gone against them. Just as the 3 relegated win. But it is a farce most of the time, agree there.

Tbf chances are limited at Anfield but we had 3 good chances today.

Gordon scuffed his shot, Iwobi couldn’t get his shot off and then the Dele chance.

I agree I’d rather we play a striker, I think Dele has to play the next match, Gray has done nothing since the Arsenal game
Dele has shown fight, quality, level headed decision making whenever we've seen him, and he actually made two chances in the box in the last two games, which nobody else seems to do. Baffles me why he doesn't spend more time on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.