Match Thread Liverpool v Everton : Sunday 24th April 2022 : Kick Off 4.30pm

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of just getting all to predictable now with this Everton team. Hold out in the first half. Then get beat second half. Unlucky or not. We didn’t have a shot on target. So not great.
Chelsea next. Wonder if anything will change. Or is the same old starting 11 getting churned out yet again to try and get a result. And is Lampard going to wait until we are well behind before making a few changes.
Draws are not really much good from here on in. We need to start winning a few matches. Starting with Chelsea. So here’s hoping ( once again ) that we can turn up. Get the win.
But I’m now getting resigned to us getting relegated. Maybe ( hopefully ) have a complete clear out of our rubbish. Give our youngsters a proper go at everything next season. Along with a few of our better experienced players. Maybe next season ( in the championship ) win a few football matches. Get that winning feeling back again. And bounce straight back up. You see that when I say all that quickly……it don’t sound that bad.
Of course I want Everton to remain in the PL. But it ain’t looking good. We don’t look up to beating any team. And when we do manage a win. It is usually followed by a few defeats. Can we trust this bunch of players to beat anybody.
So roll on next week. Another must win match. Maybe we can catch Leeds utd. But with our form……it’s more likely that we will be caught by Watford. Just wish that ( for better or worse ) this season was over.
Rant over. Good night folks. Be safe. Up the Toffees…
The relegation will be the awakening Everton badly needs. If not "Hello League1"!

What I don't understand is how some can come away from that game and say if we can show that spirit and fight for the rest of the season we'll be okay, what about putting the ball in the back of the net and not being crap at the back?
We can't score.

Said it before the game, even if they gave us the ball we wouldn't know what to do with it.

We defended better today for the most part in our own box for most of the game but when we did have a chance it wasn't clear cut.

End result of having no striker and no creativity.

Sort of just getting all to predictable now with this Everton team. Hold out in the first half. Then get beat second half. Unlucky or not. We didn’t have a shot on target. So not great.
Chelsea next. Wonder if anything will change. Or is the same old starting 11 getting churned out yet again to try and get a result. And is Lampard going to wait until we are well behind before making a few changes.
Draws are not really much good from here on in. We need to start winning a few matches. Starting with Chelsea. So here’s hoping ( once again ) that we can turn up. Get the win.
But I’m now getting resigned to us getting relegated. Maybe ( hopefully ) have a complete clear out of our rubbish. Give our youngsters a proper go at everything next season. Along with a few of our better experienced players. Maybe next season ( in the championship ) win a few football matches. Get that winning feeling back again. And bounce straight back up. You see that when I say all that quickly……it don’t sound that bad.
Of course I want Everton to remain in the PL. But it ain’t looking good. We don’t look up to beating any team. And when we do manage a win. It is usually followed by a few defeats. Can we trust this bunch of players to beat anybody.
So roll on next week. Another must win match. Maybe we can catch Leeds utd. But with our form……it’s more likely that we will be caught by Watford.
Just wish that ( for better or worse ) this season was over.
Rant over. Good night folks. Be safe. Up the Toffees…
We had a shot on target...

At least we didn’t get smashed by the turds, keeps the goal difference respectable, it’s not looking great but whilst it’s still mathematically possible theirs hope.

Nothing unexpected in the outcome, but there was at least a bit of effort there today... that and much more will be needed for the rest of the run-in. We can afford very few slip-ups at home, and need at least a point at Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.