Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should keep the same eleven although Sam might change it according to his policy of different tactics against top six sides.

I just hope Rooney doesn't lose the rag and get sent off.

Let’s just get stuck into the deluded pricks.

Compete for every ball, do snide fouls like they do and contest every decision by surrounding the ref.

Works for them.

We've outdone them on the snidey fouls for the past few years to be fair... look at Barkley last year, Funes before that, Kev before that...

Going full snide in the derby is our forte, its the only enjoyable aspect !!!

Not a chance I'm watching or acknowledging this one. As close to a nailed on Liverpool derby win as you'll ever see.

Going out somewhere. Anywhere.

Same. When it went to 3-1 last year I immediately went out with the missus and completely forgot about the game. It's sad how much one game of football can work me up, so I'm giving it a wide birth now.

Saying all that - we win and I'll be lording it over every red the next day as if I scored the winner myself.

Same. When it went to 3-1 last year I immediately went out with the missus and completely forgot about the game. It's sad how much one game of football can work me up, so I'm giving it a wide birth now.

Saying all that - we win and I'll be lording it over every red the next day as if I scored the winner myself.

Can honestly say that my view is we could play this game over and over again 100 times; we'd lose 99 of them and fluke a draw once.

I can't see a win under any circumstance. Not because we are bad as such, but because we are absolutely made for them with the balance of the current side. A defence guilty of unforced errors and little to no pace to counter them with.

So the question for me isn't "do Everton lose?", it's more "how many do we lose by?"

If Jagielka is fit I'd bring him in to a central back three. At least with him and Holgate we have a bit of pace then.

Play Lennon as a right wing back, drop Kenny.

Midfield three of Davies, Gana and Rooney. Sigg behind DCL up top.

If Baines if fit he can come back in on the left.

Pickford
Holgate Jagielka Williams
Lennon Davies Rooney Gana Martina
Sigurdsson
DCL​

Hate to say it but our defense up against Salah, Coutinho, and Mane sounds like a nightmare. Wonder what Big Sam might come up with. It had better be good or were in for quite a long day at the office.

As much as I rate Big Sam, he's not a miracle worker. Pep Guardiola would struggle with this squad.

I don't blame the players by the way. I blame the fool (Koeman) who left us with no strikers and six number 10s.

As much as I rate Big Sam, he's not a miracle worker. Pep Guardiola would struggle with this squad.

I don't blame the players by the way. I blame the fool (Koeman) who left us with no strikers and six number 10s.
Very fair. I'm hoping he can come up with something to at least make us difficult to score on though. If Coutinho plays centrally, I'd consider having Gana man mark him and try to make them beat us out wide. Possibly make them cross the ball a bit as they don't have a target man either. If we get caught on the counter or let them play their quick passes in and out of the middle, it's gonna get ugly.

If Jagielka is fit I'd bring him in to a central back three. At least with him and Holgate we have a bit of pace then.

Pickford
Sigurdsson
DCL​
You'd drop our most in form player and best defender in recent weeks. But play Martina against Salah? Why?

Also need to find room for Niasse up front to harry their defenders. If Gomes is injured he'll be a massive loss to them.

Pickford
Sigurdsson
DCL​

I don't think we can drop Kenny, his form recently puts him in contention for a place. I know Martina would struggle against Mane but I wouldn't go 3 at the back with Lennon as supporting right back.

We've outdone them on the snidey fouls for the past few years to be fair... look at Barkley last year, Funes before that, Kev before that...

Yeah we have definitely.

I should have said the more ‘professional’ fouls, like little pulls and shoves etc in important parts of the pitch.

When we do the bad tackles we usually get punished though, that’s the problem.

We should keep the same eleven although Sam might change it according to his policy of different tactics against top six sides.

I just hope Rooney doesn't lose the rag and get sent off.

Worry more about Davies than Rooney. He's generally just gone around kicking people for the past month. One yellow card in this game and he needs hooking immediately.

The same starting XI wouldn't fill me with confidence whatsoever. Then again, I don't really know what replacements can be brought in to give us more of a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.