Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Sunday 10th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Rooney is captain for the derby. More than anyone else he will know what this game means, he has a winning mentality, and probably most crucial of all, the RS don't like him (I'm sure the feeling is mutual!) but he has enough big game experience to not let anything faze him.

He also won't suffer fools for this game I'm sure, and will demand nothing less than 100% commitment from his teammates. To me he'll be less likely to bottle his leadership responsibilities for the derby.
Interesting take. I'm starting to feel hope

Sort of game where I feel we're an outside chance. They don't have a genuine CF, which helps Holgate, I'd back Kenny to contain Mane, Gana to contain Coutinho. The worry is Salah vs Martina.. .

Sort of game where I feel we're an outside chance. They don't have a genuine CF, which helps Holgate, I'd back Kenny to contain Mane, Gana to contain Coutinho. The worry is Salah vs Martina.. .
I admire your optimism. But Kenny containing Mane is a stretch. Kenny is progressing but that is a massive step up in quality. I hope your right of course.
And as you say......Martina v Salah (or any of their attacking options for that matter) is a disaster waiting to happen.
I live in hope about this game. But thats all it is.....hope.

Let’s just get stuck into the deluded pricks.

Compete for every ball, do snide fouls like they do and contest every decision by surrounding the ref.

Works for them.

I'm just glad that there are six more points on the board than there were last week.

Going to be an absolute walloping this.

I admire your optimism. But Kenny containing Mane is a stretch. Kenny is progressing but that is a massive step up in quality. I hope your right of course.
And as you say......Martina v Salah (or any of their attacking options for that matter) is a disaster waiting to happen.
I live in hope about this game. But thats all it is.....hope.

Let's be honest, if they're forwards are at it then they're going to be breezing past our full backs. Our lads have got to be helping each other out, doubling up where necessary in order to contain their threat.

If we leave a full back isolated against Mane/Salah then it's going to be a blood bath. Gueye/whoever else is in midfield needs to be getting round on the cover.

Last year our defence took the approach of every man for himself and it ended up being a complete disaster.

The truth if the Merseyside derby has become the most boring, predictable rivalry in modern football. The last time we really played well against Liverpool was the Dan Gosling game in 09. We just don't expect anything against them especially at Mordor. A lot of Everton fans who go to every away game, avoid the derby because they're so predictable. I'm sick of Everton players who are usually great, turning up at Anfield and playing awfully. I'm sick of Liverpool players who are usually rubbish, having worldies against us. It's been 7 years of misery, fuming and disappointment after derby games, we always find some way to mess it up. Also why is it, we always having huge amounts of injuries when we go in the games? Look at the teams that have won at Anfield in recent years. Villa, West Brom, Swansea, Palace, Southampton, West Ham, Reading, Wolves, Fulham and Barnsley. We just reserve our worst performances for them every season. Yes, Arsenal had a good record over Spurs, but that was because, Arsenal were a good side. Look at the rubbish we've failed to beat over the years. Then we're playing them in the cup to make it even worse, at Mordor.

Atletico had a shocking record against Real Madrid. Possibly worse than ours, but yeah our performances have been grim.

Some credit has to go to Liverpool. Whilst they have the better players that doesn't always translate into a record like the one they've got against us. Every time we play this game they want it so much. Complete opposite to the spice boys of the 90s.

Yes shitouse behaviour from our players
Said it a million times one of our players should have broke slippy in half
Rooney will be our man on Sunday Williams I'm sure ,seen him get in gerrards face before .

Nah, Williams will just be walking around with his shirt over his head after another cock-up.

The sad thing is, we can't even use the "he's spent loads of dosh" one against Klopp, think in his time with the RS he's spent less than us.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.