Match Thread Liverpool v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Biggest Waste of Space Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
so it was not on target then lol,so maybe the 27th min was right,we were a disgrace every way pos,whatever min it is, we should be having shot after shot v that team,2nd half we just give up totally
sorry mate I misread and thought you said shot at goal. Yeah that'll be right cos Richarlisons effort was around the 27th minute and that's the last shot I can remember being on target.

You know they’re playing kids, you know you’re going to be the experienced team, you see you’re the bookies favourite at Anfield for the first time since Genghis Khan decided he wanted a bigger living room and you go and lose. I’m sorry but you just don’t do that, no excuses not even for Excuse FC

Dom saying it's the perfect time to be an evertonian, was a day before the game I think. Was from an interview talking about him ending his goal draught and how good it is under Carlo

Thank you for the contribution. Have you introduced yourself in the new signings? Feel free to on me to contact me via pm if you are havjng any issues technical or with any other member.

The only positive I can take from yesterday is Carlo will now have seen enough of some of the players to know what he needs to do going forward and as fans we have seen the back of some of these players as well.

I'm watching the "highlights" (again) on the telly and cannot believe how poor we were. I can only put it down to the Anfield factor.
First half there were chances which, if converted, would have killed the game. Even in the second half, we blootered opportunities high and wide.
But just watching the likes of Sidibe and Digne passing straight to the enemy when under no pressure leads me to believe there's a huge lack of confidence when we go to that place.

With hindsight, and bearing in mind I have not seen the cup game and will never see it, Carlo should have played an under 21 team and rested our "stars" for the league programme. We would have lost anyway but would have had an "excuse" and not lost face. Hindsight is a fine thing.

Unless our next derby win is a final or it destroys their league chances they won’t be arsed at all. Yet they played like everything was on the line at Anfield even though they picked a team to lose. I dono how many players we need to lose and in short window to get that mindset out. Need about 12-15 players in and probably more out in a short amount of time to have a hope of washing that mental block out.

To lose to a team of youngsters was bad enough, to simply give up, as they did in the second half, was and is unforgivable, truth is it will be remembered forever and not just by Everton fans. This will hurt all of us supporters much more than it will hurt any of these players, who truthfully of most of them, have no real affinity with Everton FC.

I'm watching the "highlights" (again) on the telly and cannot believe how poor we were. I can only put it down to the Anfield factor.
First half there were chances which, if converted, would have killed the game. Even in the second half, we blootered opportunities high and wide.
But just watching the likes of Sidibe and Digne passing straight to the enemy when under no pressure leads me to believe there's a huge lack of confidence when we go to that place.

Its not a theory at this stage. It’s 100% fact. A conference side would have more wins just by default at how many cracks at it we’ve had.

I said last night I would never watch another derby, I meant it, I would rather take the missus shopping, than watch that gutless, beat before it starts team. This will never change until we beat them, felt really sorry for our fans who went last night and sat through that second half capitulation, that was our worst ever derby loss, hope the players are embarrassed because I still am.

I said last night I would never watch another derby, I meant it, I would rather take the missus shopping, than watch that gutless, beat before it starts team. This will never change until we beat them, felt really sorry for our fans who went last night and sat through that second half capitulation, that was our worst ever derby loss, hope the players are embarrassed because I still am.
Granted I did not go and have not seen the game at all, but that is still a big claim to say it was the worst of all derby losses. Really? I could list a lot of terrible derby losses which would be hard to beat in terms of embarrassment. One was 5-0.

Seamus Coleman is an Evertonian and he would mean what he said. Most of the others are just professional footballers and there is a massive difference.

I get that but I dont want to hear it anymore. I get he is an honest player. But I'm sick of listening to the same old rubbish. I'd perfer if he called out morgan no tackle snides on the pitch.

Even though I'm not surprised... I still don't understand that second half? We should have been 2 or 3 up, looked dangerous everytime we went forward. What the hell happened? Were completely dominated the 2nd half. I'm not surprised but I'm still in a state of shock over how bad it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.